Once you have Lifecycles set up in BlueConic, you can track and analyze each Lifecycle's performance over time. Performance can be measured by the metrics of completions, completion ratios, dropouts, dropout ratios, and number of profiles within the lifecycle.
You can use the Lifecycle Performance Over Time insight to see changes in performance and understand the impact that changes (such as adjusting segments or adding touchpoints)or external influences have (such as day of the week). This insight can be used to analyze an entire Lifecycle or specific stages within a Lifecycle.
The Lifecycle Performance Over Time insight and its controls
In this insight, you can find data for:
- Completions: The green bars in the graph show the number of completions, which are profiles that have successfully met the completion criteria set for the lifecycle and have experienced at least one lifecycle stage touchpoint.
- Dropouts: The red bars in the graph show the number of dropouts, which are profiles that have dropped from the lifecycle entirely.
- Profiles in Lifecycle: The gray bars in the graph show the number of profiles in the Lifecycle.
- Completion ratio: The green charted line shows the weighted average completion ratio.
- Dropout ratio: The red charted line shows the weighted average completion ratio.
Hover over the bars in the graph to see data for individual points within the time period.
See the Lifecycles Glossary for definitions of each customer journey orchestration metric.
Configuring the Lifecycle Performance Over Time Insight
Start by adding a Lifecycle Performance Over Time insight to a BlueConic dashboard (see the detailed instructions). Click the cogwheel icon to configure the insight.
Lifecycle (required): Select a BlueConic lifecycle from the dropdown menu.
Stage (optional): Select a stage within a BlueConic lifecycle from the dropdown menu.
Time period setting for the current dashboard
The Lifecycle Performance Over Time insight presents metrics for the timeframe selected for the current Dashboard. (The insight shows a clock icon in the top-left corner.) Changing the time period for the dashboard will update the insight's display to show metrics for the chosen time period.
Learn more about the time period setting for BlueConic dashboards and insights.