What: You can use the Facebook Leads Connection to enrich your BlueConic profiles by importing data from forms in Facebook Leads.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic customer data platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
To learn more, and to have this connection installed in your tenant, contact your BlueConic Customer Success Manager.
Creating a Facebook Leads Connection
- Click Connections in the BlueConic navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Enter "Facebook" in the Search bar.
- Click Facebook Leads Connection.
The connection page opens. You can expand or collapse the metadata fields (to mark it as a favorite, add labels, or write a description) by clicking the gray + or -.
- In the metadata section you can choose whether to get email notifications when the connection runs or fails to run.
- Enter a name for your connection at the top of the page.
Configuring a Facebook Leads Connection
To set up the connection, you need to add your Facebook account credentials. Follow the steps outlined below.
Setting up the connection
- Select Set up and run in the Setup section in the left panel.
- Click the Connect with Facebook button.
- Enter your Facebook account credentials and click Continue.
- Save your connection settings at the top of the page.
After you have run the connection, the Data exchange section shows the number of unique profiles that have had data imported from Facebook Leads.
Importing data from Facebook Leads to BlueConic
In the Import goals section in the left-hand panel click the Import data from Facebook Leads goal to specify the information you want to import, and how it should be imported. You can rename the connection goal at the top of the page for a specific campaign or Facebook form. When importing leads from Facebook, an automatic timestamp is generated that can be set as a profile property.
- Select a page and form for the import.
Choose the page and form on that page that you want to use to import leads. Here you are able to see the country or set of countries a form is associated with when selecting a page for import. This allows you to set the same form for multiple countries, but keep track of the information collected from those countries for privacy purposes.
Optional: Process your files before the import.
Use the Search for a processor field to add a data processor to filter or transform the data during the import. For example, you can create a processor to normalize email addresses, filter data fields, or transform data during the import, before it is matched and mapped to BlueConic properties. To add data processors to your BlueConic environment, contact your Customer Success Manager. Learn more about using data processors to filter or transform data imports.
- Link identifiers between BlueConic and Facebook
Link identifiers for matching profiles between both systems. Matching by email address is recommended. Use the checkbox to allow BlueConic to create new profiles if no matching email address is found in BlueConic.
- Map Facebook Leads data to BlueConic.
Here you specify how data from Facebook should be imported and stored in BlueConic. Match Facebook fields on the left with BlueConic profile properties on the right. Use the dropdown menu to specify how imported content should be added to existing values: added, summed, set only if the profile property is empty, or to set or clear (if the Facebook field is empty).
- Run the connection.
Running the Facebook Leads connection
Tip: Make sure you have added an import goal before running the connection and saved your configuration.
- At the top of the connection page, turn the Facebook Leads connection on and Save your settings.
- Go to the Set up and run page. Scroll down to the Run history section.
- To start the import manually, click the Run now button.
- To schedule the import for a future date, click the Settings icon . Select a scheduling option from the drop-down list:
- Number of times per day
- Days of the week
- Day of the month
- Weekday of the month
Set a time for the import.
You'll notice an arrow running between BlueConic and Facebook in the upper left corner of the page. A green arrow indicates an active import goals that is ready to be run.
See Scheduling and running connections for details.
Troubleshooting the connection
If you receive Facebook error messages during the authentication process, your Facebook user account has failed a security checkpoint at Facebook and needs to be reset (also at Facebook). This error occurs outside of BlueConic and you need to resolve your Facebook account authentication errors before proceeding:
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Follow the steps to re-authenticate your account with Facebook.
- Continue setting up your Facebook Leads connection in BlueConic.
For additional tips see Troubleshooting authentication errors.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.