BlueConic connections let you integrate your customer profile data with your existing data sources such as point-of sale systems, CRM systems, email service providers, and more. Using BlueConic connections helps you make the most of your customer profile data.
What are BlueConic connections?
Connections are data integrations between BlueConic and over 80 marketing systems, ESPs, CRMs, and big data systems. You can use BlueConic connections in a number of ways:
- Unify your customer profile data by importing or exporting data from your marketing stack
- Employ BlueConic profile data in your marketing stack or ESP for messaging, recommendations, promotions, personalized content, and more
- Use BlueConic segments to create audiences for ad tech, messaging, or promotions
- Synchronize customer data with your CRM, ESP, ecommerce, or marketing platforms
- Stream events and data via firehose connections to big data systems and data lakes
- With universal connections, exchange customer order data, events, and transactions with other data source
How to create and run connections
To create and run connections you follow these basic steps:
- Choose Connections in the BlueConic navigation bar and click Add connection to see the gallery of connections.
- Search for an external marketing system or type of connection (e.g., Facebook Ads, Salesforce, SFTP, or S3 connection to exchange via CSV files, etc.) to create a new connection.
- Enter a name for the connection, and optionally add metadata to make it easier to find and manage connections. See Best practices for names and labels for tips on naming them.
- Add your credentials to authorize the data exchange between BlueConic and the external marketing system.
- Create at least one import or export goal that details how to match customers' identifiers (email, unique ID, etc.) between platforms and how to map profile data to or from the other system.
- Save your changes, turn the connection on, and run the connection immediately or schedule it to run later.
See each connection's help page for step-by-step instructions.
- See the full list of BlueConic connections.
- Get tips on scheduling and running connections.
- Find best practices for exchanging profile data via CSV files.
- Spot and fix errors based on the status of your BlueConic connections.
- Use Firehose connections to stream events from BlueConic to Amazon, Microsoft, and Google event queuing systems.
- Use the BlueConic Connections Overview insight to see how many profiles have been enriched or exchanged with data from other systems.