BlueConic tracks a deep set of marketing metrics to help you track views, clicks, and conversions.
You can customize your data collection via Dialogues, Listeners, and Connections. Using the Dialogues Table insight, you can find statistics for unique or total views, unique or total clicks, and direct and indirect conversions, as well as dozens of custom-configured ratios. The Variants Table insight extends this list of metrics and ratios to provide lift ratios showing how variants are performing against related dialogues.
For each dialogue (and all variants of the dialogue), BlueConic tracks views, clicks, and direct conversions. In addition, the following metrics are tracked and stored for each dialogue and variant -- along with custom ratios and lift ratios:
- Views: Total views
- Unique views*: The number of profiles that have viewed the dialogue.
- Clicks: Total clicks
- Unique clicks*: The number of profile that have clicked this dialogue.
- Direct conversions: Total direct conversions
- Unique direct conversions*: The number of profiles that had a direct conversion for this dialogue.
- Indirect conversions: Indirect conversions track additional content or dialogues someone viewed or interacted with before ultimately triggering a conversion.
- Unique indirect conversions*: The number of profiles that caused an indirect conversion to be counted for this dialogue.
- Total conversions: The sum of direct and indirect conversions.
- Unique total conversions*: The number of unique profiles that had either an indirect or a direct conversion for this dialogue. The number might be lower than the sum of "Unique direct conversions" and "Unique indirect conversions" because one profile might have triggered an indirect and a direct conversion for one dialogue.
In the dialogue and variants table insights, you can combine these metrics to create dozens of custom ratios and for variants, lift ratios that compare dialogue performance. Learn more about the Dialogues Table Insight and the Variants Table Insight.
*Getting started with the new "unique" metrics
In mid-March 2019, BlueConic started collecting a set of new unique marketing metrics, including unique views, unique clicks, unique direct conversions, unique indirect conversions, and unique total conversions. Unique metrics differ from total metrics because they count the unique profiles that click, view, or convert, counting a single profile only once even if that person viewed, clicked, or converted on a dialogue more than once.
When these unique metrics were added to BlueConic in R63 (March 2019), this resulted in a one-time high peak in unique metrics being reported (showing "All time" numbers), because the dashboard's measured time period had not yet been tallied. So a dialogue may have had 1 unique view on the day your BlueConic tenant upgraded to R63, but 1000 prior unique views (for "All time") were shown on that day. Daily unique metrics are from then on calculated daily.
Time periods for collecting unique metrics: Over time, new tallies of unique marketing metrics will accumulate. In the time following R63, unique metrics are available for all time periods but require two-times (2x) a certain time period to show the correct unique metrics. For example, 48 hours after R63 was released, the 'last 24 hours' unique metric no longer used "all time" metrics. After 14 days, the 'last 7 days' period posted new results. The 'one month' unique metrics show "All time" results until two months after the release date.
When you choose a time period for dashboards showing the Dialogue Table or Variants Table insights, "All time" metrics will be shown for unique metrics that have not yet reached 2x the specified time period after R63.