The Dialogues Table insight shows statistics for views, clicks, and conversions, as well as ratios showing clicks/views, conversions/views, and conversions/clicks for every dialogue that fits your filter criteria. If you are running variants of dialogues, you can also choose to see the lift of these ratios against the original (comparing the variant to the original dialogue).
The Insight and its controls
Use the Dialogues Table insight to see how well your dialogues are performing. Here's an example showing views, clicks, conversions, and related ratios for three content dialogues.
- Column Headers
- By default there are seven columns: Dialogue name, Views, Clicks, Conversions, and the three ratios.
- If you are comparing a dialogue with its variants, you can choose to see the Lift of the three ratios.
- By clicking on the column header, you sort the dialogues based on the values present in that column.
- Click the column header again to reverse the sorting.
- If you set a target, an additional column appears for the target metric, showing the performance of that dialogue against the set target.
- If you select "Compared with previous period" at the top of the dashboard, the Dialogues Table insight inherits the time period and comparison. Each column in the insight will display Current, Previous, and Difference columns to compare current metrics with the previous period.
- The Dialogues displayed
- Only dialogues that meet the filter criteria are shown in the table.
- By clicking the name of a dialogue, you navigate to the Dialogues tab to start editing that dialogue.
- The Totals
- Views, Clicks, and Conversions: The Total shows the sum of the individual numbers of the listed Dialogues. Example: The total for Views is the sum of all Views for the listed Dialogues.
- The ratios: The 'Total' of the ratios is calculated based on the total numbers of the Views, Clicks, and Conversions. The total for the ratios is not the average of the ratios for all the listed Dialogues.
You can export the displayed data by selecting the Export icon in the top right corner of the Dialogues Table insight.
- Dialogues filtering (required)
- You can define filters for the dialogues; only dialogues that meet the filter criteria will be listed in the table. Configure the filters as follows:
- Filter categories: First select the category on which you want to filter dialogues.
- Filter values: Then select the value(s) for the chosen category.
- Active filters: Shows the number of dialogues that meet your requirements.
- Text filter: Optionally add a keyword to further filter the dialogues. This keyword needs to be present in the dialogue's title, description, or label.
- Target (optional)
- Using the target tab, you can set a target for one of the ratios or lift of ratios. For each of the dialogues the performance against the set target is shown in a extra column in the table.
- Table columns (required)
- Using the table columns tab, you can choose which metrics that appear in the table. Lift percentages are calculated against the control group for dialogues that have variants.
Viewing lift ratios
In the Dialogues Table configuration settings, under Table columns, you can add the following lift ratios to the insight.
- Lift of clicks/views ratio (CTR)
- Lift of conversions/views ratio
- Lift of conversions/clicks ratio
Because lift ratios measure performance against a control group, they are available only when your dashboard shows metrics in comparison to a previous time period.
For dialogues that have variants, displaying lift metrics shows how the variants performed (as a group) against the original content.
Viewing dialogue metrics over time
BlueConic Insights are contained in dashboards. The Dialogues Table insight takes the time period setting of the dashboard into account. This is indicated by the clock icon in the top left corner. Use the dropdown menu to choose a time period.
When you have selected a time period for the dashboard and then select "Compare with previous period," the current and previous values are shown for every column, as well as the difference between the current and previous time periods.
The Dialogues Table Insight is a standard plugin.