BlueConic dialogues offer different ways to converse with your customers and visitors. Creating dialogue variants lets you further customize the conversation and test content variations. In the Variants Table insight, you can see the results of these optimized dialogues and compare performance for views, clicks, direct conversions, and how your variants performed.
The Variants Table Insight and its controls
To create an insight, select Insights from the BlueConic menu, create or select a dashboard, choose Add insight, and search for 'Variants Table.' Select Configure this insight or select the configuration icon (cog wheel) to set up the insight, choosing which dialogues to measure and which metrics to display in the insight's table columns.
Here's an example Variants Table insight showing dialogue names with distribution percentages and a range of marketing metrics, including views, clicks, and direct conversions, as well as unique and total counts, indirect conversions, and dozens of ratios and lift ratios.
Information in the Variants Table
- The Variants Table insight shows the names of the selected dialogue(s) and related variants, along with marketing metrics for every variant of the dialogue.
- The "Export" option lets you to download the statistics in Excel file format.
- You can sort the list of dialogues and variants by state: Green shows dialogues and variants that are turned on, yellow for suspended, and red for off. Within a dialogue, you can sort its variants by status as well.
Adding and configuring the insight
- To choose specific dialogues to show in the insight, select "Show one or more." Then you can search for and select dialogues by name. Select "Show all" to include all dialogues.
- Using the Table columns tab, you can select metrics you want to see in the table. There are dozens of metrics tracked, so you can customize this list. Or you can start with the basic set of recommended metrics and add or delete metrics.
- Distribution shows the percentage of people who see the original dialogue versus the variant(s).
If a dialogue or variant is turned off, its ratios show as - (instead of zero).
Tip: If you are comparing metrics, it can help to repeat a column, or columns, in the Variants Table. You do this by adding the column name in the Search box and selecting it.
Additional Metrics: To add additional metrics to the Variants Table display, click in the Search to add additional metrics... box. Listed under Other columns are dozens of additional marketing metrics, including ratios and lift ratios. The lift ratios are calculated for variants against the control group for their respective dialogues. See Metrics for views, clicks, and conversions for a description of these marketing metrics.
Note about unique metrics
Unique metrics were introduced in R63 (mid-March 2019). BlueConic dashboards can be set to display metrics for a certain time period (days, months, quarters, all time, etc.). Depending on the time period measured on your dashboard, the unique metrics will show "All time" counts for unique metrics until the dashboard's time period can be tallied post-R63. See Metrics for views, clicks, and conversions for details on the timing of these unique metrics.