About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
Why: Your marketing stack is already connected to AdRoll. Use this connection to share first party data out to the stack for your known and anonymous users, whether it was collected by BlueConic or integrated through another BlueConic connection.
For the connection to work, you must have set up the AdRoll tag on your pages.
Configuring an AdRoll connection
Configuration takes the following options:
- Object Name
- Push Frequency
- The Push Frequency determines when BlueConic data will be sent to AdRoll. Four options are available:
- Each page view
- Only when the variables change
- Once per visit
- On permission level change
You can establish the connection between AdRoll variables and BlueConic values under "Object Attributes." Select the Add Object Attribute button to add a new rule. To remove an existing object attribute, hover over it and click the delete icon on the right of the line.
- Object Attribute Name (required)
- Enter the name of the variable in AdRoll that will hold the value sent by BlueConic.
- BlueConic Value Type
- Choose one of:
- Text: The value will be a fixed text
- BlueConic Profile Identifier: The unique identifier of the visitor profile in BlueConic.
- All associated Segments: Use the names of all associated BlueConic segments as value. Names will be pushed as an Array. If you want to push the associated Segments of a visitor, the option "Expose the segments that the visitor is part of" on the Privacy > Settings tab in BlueConic must be enabled.
- All viewed Interactions: Use the names of all viewed BlueConic interactions (for the current page view) as value. Names are pushed as an Array.
- Profile Property: Use the value of a BlueConic Profile Property in the visitors profile. If multiple values are available for the selected Profile Property, values are pushed as an Array.
- Permission Level: Value of the BlueConic permission management level.
- BlueConic Value Detail
- Based on your choice for BlueConic Value Type the details can be entered here. For type "Text," enter the text string you want to use as value. For type "Profile Property," select the profile property that will hold the value to send. For the other types BlueConic will determine the value automatically.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.