What: The Salesforce Marketing Cloud connection will allow you to push lists for triggered emails, configure segmentation or profile properties to send to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly known as ExactTarget) as custom variables, and import Salesforce Marketing Cloud data about your users into BlueConic. This connection supports scheduled batch import and export.
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
Why: Interact with your email recipients with relevancy on-site, and in their inbox! By taking Salesforce Marketing Cloud data into BlueConic, you can individualize their experience on-site or in-app. By using BlueConic's unique behavioral data collection engine, you can enable a highly relevant email program for triggered emails and drip campaigns.
We recommend using the newer Salesforce Marketing Cloud (FTP) connection for better performance, especially when importing or exporting large numbers of profiles.
Authorizing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
BlueConic needs an authorized connection with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You can do this by entering your client ID and client secret from the Salesforce Marketing Cloud in the Authentication section, at which point you should receive an authentication success message. After authorizing, a BlueConic data extension will be created if it does not already exist.
Configuring the Connection
Selecting goal(s) of this connection
The only goal available is to batch update BlueConic profile data to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud. To enable this, you must select a BlueConic profile property and BlueConic segment to synchronize. Profiles with a value for the configured matching profile property while also being part of the configured segment will be added to the batch update.
BlueConic to Salesforce Marketing Cloud mapping
In order to synchronize profile information a mapping should be made from BlueConic information to Salesforce Marketing Cloud field labels. Start creating your mapping by clicking the Add Variable button.
- BlueConic Value Type
Choose one of:
- BlueConic Profile Identifier: the value will be the unique identifier of the BlueConic profile.
- Profile Property: use the value of a BlueConic Profile Property in the visitors profile. If multiple values are available for the selected Profile Property, values will be pipe-separated.
- Associated Segment(s): use the names of all associated BlueConic segments as value. Names will be pipe-separated. If you want to push the associated Segments of a visitor, the option "Expose the segments that the visitor is part of" in the BlueConic Settings > Privacy section of BlueConic must be enabled.
- All viewed Interactions: use the names of all viewed BlueConic interactions (for the current page view) as value. Names will be pipe-separated.
- BlueConic Profile Property
- When selecting the value type of "Profile Property" this is where you select the profile property to send to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Field Label
- A label for the field in the BlueConic data extension.
The run history will show an overview of the previous runs and the details of each run. Hover over a run and click the icon to download the log of the run.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) Connection is a standard plugin.