Use the Segment Over Time insight on a BlueConic dashboard to show the number of profiles in a selected customer segment over time. See how the segment has grown and changed over time.
The Segment Over Time insight and its controls
This example shows an Insight based on the "Segment Over Time" type.
- X and Y axis
- The X axis shows the date. Note that the clock icon shows the insight uses the time settings of the dashboard where the insight was created.
- The Y axis shows the number of profiles in the segment on that date.
Configuring the Segment Over Time insight in BlueConic
- Segment (required)
- Select the segment for which you want to display the number of profiles it contained over time.
- Visualization (required)
- Absolute number: Shows the number of profiles for each time period.
- Relative to all profiles (%): Shows the percentage of profiles in this segment compared to the total number of profiles.
- Profiles added per day: The time period is divided into days. For example, for the time period "Last month" the graph is divided into 30 days. The starting value for each day is 0.
- Profiles added per week: The time period is divided into weeks. For example, for the time period "Last Quarter" the graph is divided into 12 weeks. The starting value for each week is 0.
- Profiles added per month: The time period is divided into months. For example, for the time period "Last Year" the graph is divided into 12 months. The starting value for each month is 0.
- Cumulative (period): Shows the cumulative total for the entire selected time period beginning with the first day. The starting value for the period is 0.
- Cumulative (overall): Shows the cumulative total for the entire selected time period beginning with the first day. The starting value for the period is the cumulative total up to the beginning the selected time period.
- Target (optional)
- Set the target for the increase in profiles per time interval for the selected segment (for example, daily, weekly, or monthly). The Visualization setting above determines whether the target is displayed as a number or a percentage. If selected, the target appears in green.
Note: You will need to hit the "OK" button and "Save" your configurations for them to be applied.
The insight takes the time period setting of the dashboard into account. This is indicated by the clock icon in the top left. If you select a time period for the dashboard, the graph changes to display the segment data for the selected time period.
When you select a time period for the dashboard and activate the dashboard's "Compare with previous" option, two lines indicate the difference between the segment data of the current period (blue line) compared to the number of new profiles of the previous period (grey line) and the target (set as a percentage relative to all profiles in the Visualization setting and shown in a dashed green line).
Impact of deleting a segment used in the insight
If you delete a segment that is used in a Segment Over Time Insight, the insight will default back to the configuration settings display.
Learn more about BlueConic customer segments
To learn more about customer segmentation, see Creating dynamic customer segments in BlueConic.