Channels are the visitor touch points that you want to monitor with BlueConic or interact on with your visitors.
We define several different types of channels, each allowing for different types of usage within BlueConic.
- Website: A website is defined by a hostname-URL and its aliases. Be sure to place the BlueConic script on your website pages to be able to use it as a channel.
- Email: The Email channel is used when you want to send emails from BlueConic or from an integrated external e-mailing system and be able to track traffic from those emails to your other channels.
- Mobile App: A native Android or iOS app. To interact with this app, this app needs to contain the BlueConic mobile SDK for Android or iOS.
Adding a new channel
To add a new channel, head to "Channels" in the BlueConic Settings menu. When you click on the green Add channel button, you will be prompted to select which type of channel you want to add.
If you select Website, you will be given a step-by-step wizard interface where you will:
- Add the web address of your channel.
- Select which domain the channel belongs to or add a new one.
- Either confirm that the script is already on the site or be given instructions on how to install the BlueConic script.
- Verify or optionally add connections to other systems.
- Create the channel.
If you select Email or Mobile, you will be taken to a screen to configure the channel name, the domain that it belongs to, and the App ID for mobile apps.