Channels are the visitor touch points that you want to monitor with BlueConic or interact on with your visitors.
We define several different types of channels, each allowing for different types of usage within BlueConic.
- Website: A website is defined by a hostname-URL and its aliases. Be sure to place the BlueConic script on your website pages to be able to use it as a channel.
- Twitter: A twitter account. By adding a Twitter account to the universe you can broadcast messages via this account. Traffic that is entering one of your website channels via messages that you have broadcasted from BlueConic are profiled as visitors/users of the Twitter channel.
- Email: The Email channel is used when you want to send emails from BlueConic or from an integrated external e-mailing system and be able to track traffic from those emails to your other channels.
- Mobile App: A native Android or iOS app. To interact with this app, this app needs to contain the BlueConic mobile SDK for Android or iOS.
Configuring a channel
There are two situations:
- The channel does not contain the BlueConic script yet.
- The channel already contains the BlueConic script or the mobile SDK.
Ad 1: If the channel does not contain the BlueConic script yet, select the domain in which you want to create a channel and click on the [Add Channel] button.
Now you can define the channel, by first choosing the type of channel (website, mobile app, twitter or e-mail)
After creating the channel, you can give it a meaningful name and configure type-specific settings:
- For websites: hostname and (optional) aliases of this hostname
- For mobile apps: the app ID
- For twitter: credentials of the Twitter account
- For e-mail: no additional settings needed
Ad 2: In the second situation a visit to that channel or app has already triggered a connection with BlueConic, and the channel becomes visible in the list of "new channels".
Select the channel from this list, and select the domain in which you want this channel to reside.
You can now either link it to an already defined channel via the "select channel" dropdown, or create a new channel in this domain by selecting the right type for this channel.