The BlueConic customer data platform collects first-party data on individuals throughout the customer journey and across sessions and devices. BlueConic can build customer profiles progressively in real time for all the thousands or millions of visitors, prospects, and customers who visit your website--whether anonymous or known. BlueConic unifies these profiles with profiles available in existing systems like your CRM or email database. Profiles can have an infinite number of data points, which are unified and stored for each profile within your BlueConic database.
If you want to export entire segments of profiles at once, you can use the Profile Export connection.
Select Profiles from the BlueConic navigation bar to open the Profiles window, where you can browse all the first-party data that's been gathered for individual profiles.
You can search your database for relevant profiles by searching on a unique identifier or by segments of profiles:
- On unique identifier
- Type the full value string of any profile property marked as unique identifier to match a profile with that value. Partial matches are not supported; you have to enter the entire identifier to match a profile.
- By segment
- Select a segment to see an overview of all profiles within that segment.
Existing profiles shows a list of all profiles that match the search criteria, or that are part of the segment you selected, displayed in a table:
This list shows profiles and several of their profile properties. You customize which profile properties are listed in the display. Use the Columns menu to select the table columns to display in the overview; search for profile properties and select the ones you would like to include as columns in the display.
Select individual profiles in the Existing profiles list to see the profile in detail.
The profile detail page opens in the profile overview tab. It shows a real-time summary of first-party data in the profile. Use the options in the left-hand column to view profile details, privacy management information, timeline events for the current profile, and a list of all profile properties associated with the profile.
The profile overview shows a summary of the data available in the profile:
- Some quick facts about this profile's online behavior
- Segments this profile is part of
- Groups this profile is part of
Note: The Groups section appears in the profile summary only after you've created a Group in BlueConic and added profiles to it. Contact your BlueConic Customer Success Manager to learn more.
- Behavioral scores that show this customer's frequency, level of activity, intensity, and momentum
- Locations that this profile has visited
- Interests related to the profile
- Connections to other marketing systems that this profile has been associated with
The richness of this overview of course depends heavily on the amount of available information in the profile.
Tip: Use the left and right arrow keys to quickly navigate from one profile to the next without having to go back to the list.
Profile privacy management
Select Profile privacy management to see the current privacy settings for the profile, such as legislation, permission level, objectives this profile has either consented to or refused, and privacy event logs for this profile.
The Profile timeline view shows a log of events marked as "Timeline events" for the current profile. You can import Timeline events via the SFTP Connection to BlueConic. For more information on marking an event as a Timeline event, contact BlueConic support.
Use the All types dropdown menu to select BlueConic Timeline event types to view. Events are classified as either high-priority or low-priority, as shown in parentheses after each event type.
All profile properties
Select All profile properties tab to display a table showing all profile properties.
By default only profile properties with a value are shown. Clearing the checkbox lists all profile properties without a value, too.
Users whose role has permission to Edit profiles can modify, delete, or download profiles.
- Modify: In the All profile properties tab, select a value to modify it or add additional values for a profile property.
- Delete: Use the Save dropdown menu in the top right corner and select Delete. Note: This deletion is permanent.
- Download profile: Use the Save dropdown menu in the top right corner and select Download profile to receive a JSON file containing the profile and all values associated with it.
You store customer and visitor information in BlueConic profiles using profile properties. Learn more about capturing customer data in profile properties in BlueConic.