In addition to storing information about a profile in profile properties, BlueConic stores time-based data on events that occur for a profile, such as product orders, page views, clicks, etc.
Events are stored on each BlueConic profile's Timeline to capture information about timing and sequence of events.
Watch the video: Introducing the BlueConic Profile Timeline
BlueConic data structure for events, profiles, and groups
Events are data points tied to the BlueConic Timeline of a customer's profile, for example an order the customer has placed, or a subscription event. This example data structure shows how BlueConic customer profiles can also have related event timelines, and how profiles can be part of groups such as households, companies, or accounts.
What can I do with Timeline events?
Storing relevant customer events in profiles enables marketing teams to do much deeper analysis and data collection that is time-based.
- Use the more granular, time-based data in events for better insight and greater data activation and targeting.
- Improved recommendations account for which products have been bought, both by the current profile and overall statistics for products bought by others.
- Find greater opportunities for personalization based on customer order data.
- Calculate profile properties based on events in individual profile Timelines, which can be useful for machine learning and AI transaction-based calculations.
- Evaluate customer data based on time.
Where can I see Timeline events in BlueConic?
Timeline events are visible in the Profiles tab for a particular profile. Select Profile Timeline to see details on events for a profile's Timeline. Note that you first have to add or import Timeline events to a profile in order for Timeline events to appear here. Use the All Types dropdown menu to select the event types to appear in the timeline. Then you can see details for specific dates or events.
You can also see Timeline events in the BlueConic Simulator.
Administering and creating Timeline event types
BlueConic offers a set of default, out-of-the-box Timeline event types, and you can also create custom Timeline event types to suit your data. Select Timeline event types from the BlueConic navigation menu to see the range of event types in your tenant. See Creating custom Timeline event types for details on creating or customizing your event types.
See our FAQ on BlueConic Timeline Events