In addition to storing information about a profile in profile properties, BlueConic stores time-based data on events that occur for a profile, such as product orders, page views, clicks, etc.
Events are stored on each BlueConic profile's Timeline to capture information about timing and sequence of events.
Watch the video: Introducing the BlueConic Profile Timeline
BlueConic data structure for events, profiles, and groups
This example data structure shows how BlueConic customer profiles can also have related event timelines, and how profiles can be part of groups such as households, companies, or accounts.
Events are data points tied to the BlueConic Timeline of a customer's profile, for example an order the customer has placed, or a subscription event. Events can be HIGH or LOW priority. A maximum of 250 events are allowed per profile. LOW-priority events persist for 30 days. HIGH-priority events are constrained by the total number of events and take precedence over LOW-priority events, which are capped at 50 if there are 200 or more HIGH priority events. The standard event size is 1 KB.
What can I do with Timeline events?
Storing relevant customer events in profiles enables marketing teams to do much deeper analysis and data collection that is time-based.
- Use the more granular, time-based data in events for better insight and greater data activation and targeting.
- Improved recommendations account for which products have been bought, both by the current profile and overall statistics for products bought by others.
- Find greater opportunities for personalization based on customer order data.
- Calculate profile properties based on events in individual profile Timelines, which can be useful for machine learning and AI transaction-based calculations.
- Evaluate customer data based on time.
Where can I see Timeline events in BlueConic?
Timeline events are visible in the Profiles tab for a particular profile. Select Profile Timeline to see details on events for a profile's Timeline. Note that you first have to add or import Timeline events to a profile in order for Timeline events to appear here. Use the All Types dropdown menu to select the event types to appear in the timeline. Then you can see details for specific dates or events.
You can also see Timeline events in the BlueConic Simulator.
Click Show all timeline events in the Simulator to open a lightbox listing all events related to the current profile.
See our FAQ on BlueConic Timeline Events