What: The Sailthru connection allows you to enrich BlueConic profiles with data from Sailthru users and vice versa. This connection supports scheduled batch import and export.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic customer data platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: Interact with your email recipients with relevancy on-site, and in their inbox. By taking Sailthru data into BlueConic, you can individualize their experience on-site or in-app. By using BlueConic's unique behavioral data collection engine, you can enable a highly relevant email program for triggered emails and drip campaigns.
Adding a Sailthru connection
- Click Connections in the Navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter "Sailthru" in the Search bar. Click Sailthru connection.
- The Sailthru connection page opens.
You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray + or –.
- In the metadata section you can choose whether to get email notifications when the connection runs or fails to run.
- Enter a name for the connection and Save your settings.
Configuring a Sailthru connection
Click Set up and run to configure the Sailthru connection and enter your access credentials.
Note: Sailthru needs to grant permission to BlueConic to access the following endpoints: job, user, list. Otherwise, the authorization will fail. Contact Sailthru support for help in retrieving the correct API Key and Secret.
- Enter your API key, which you can retrieve in your Sailthru environment via Settings (gear icon) > Setup > API and Postbacks > API Key and Secret. Click the locker icon to see API key details.
- Enter your API secret, which you can retrieve in Sailthru via Settings > Setup > API and Postbacks > API Key and Secret. Click the locker icon to see API secret details.
- Enter your Time zone, which you can retrieve in Sailthru via via Settings > Business > Timezone.
- Click Save to store the information.
Next you set connection goals to select data to exchange and specify how data should be mapped between Sailthru and BlueConic. You can set connection goals for importing or exporting data:
To make the connection work, you have to add at least one goal, save the connection, and switch the connection on.
Using Sailthru Connection goals in BlueConic Lifecycles
You can add Sailthru export connection goals as touchpoints in BlueConic Lifecycles. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Exporting Lifecycle stage information to Sailthru: When a Sailthru connection goal has been added to a Lifecycle, you can use that export goal to send a list of profiles that attain a certain lifecycle stage along their customer journeys and use this information for targeted emails. You can also use lifecycle stage information to create new audiences or segments outside of BlueConic, for example.
- Setting Lifecycle stage restrictions: You can restrict a connection goal to export only the profiles that are currently part of a certain lifecycle stage.
- Setting thresholds on marketing touchpoints: You can use lifecycle stage thresholds to limit campaign pressure on customer profiles in a certain lifecycle stage. For example, you can make sure a customer is exposed to only 3 marketing touchpoints per week, per month, or per quarter during a particular stage on their customer journey.
Importing Sailthru data into BlueConic
To import data into BlueConic, add an import goal and follow the steps laid out in the goal.
- Select Sailthru lists to import data from.
Select one or more Sailthru lists to import data from.
Optional: You can choose to let BlueConic create new profiles during the import.
Optional: You can also choose to save the name of list from which the profile is imported or enriched, and provide the name of the BlueConic profile property to hold this information.
- Link identifiers between Sailthru and BlueConic.
Link Sailthru users to BlueConic profiles by linking the identifiers from both systems.
- Map Sailthru data to BlueConic.
Here you map the Sailthru fields you want to import into BlueConic to the corresponding profile property fields. Click Add mapping to create additional mappings.
Using the Set dropdown menu on the right-hand side, you can specify how to import the data:
- Set if empty
- Add the data field to the list of existing values.
- Sum a number with the existing values (if the data field is a number).
Exporting BlueConic data into Sailthru
To export data from BlueConic to Sailthru, add an export goal and follow the steps laid out in the goal.
- Select a BlueConic segment to export profile data from.
Only identifiable profiles in this BlueConic segment will be exported.
- Link identifiers between BlueConic and Sailthru.
If no matching Sailthru user is found for a BlueConic profile, either no data will be exported or a new Sailthru users will be created (if you select the box in step 4, "Optionally create new Sailthru users"). Profiles that contain no value for a BlueConic identifier will not be exported.
- Map BlueConic data to Sailthru.
Select the BlueConic profile property that contains the value to export to Sailthru. Match it to the Sailthru custom field name that the value from BlueConic should be written to.
Click the BlueConic icon to open a drop down menu where you can switch between the type of information you want to export. Pick one of:
- BlueConic profile identifier: The unique identifier for a profile
- Associated segments: All segments, or a selection of one or more specific segments that the profile is associated with
- Associated lifecycles: All lifecycles this profile is associated with. Learn more about Lifecycles.
- Profile property: The value of a specific profile property
- All viewed interactions (all time): The interactions that the profile has seen
- Permission level: The permission level set in the profile
- Text value: Enter any static text
- Optionally create new Sailthru users.
Click to allow BlueConic to create a new user in Sailthru if no matching user is found for a BlueConic profile.
- Optionally assign users to Sailthru lists.
You can assign existing users (and users just added by BlueConic) to one or more Sailthru lists.
Optional: You can remove users from lists if they are no longer part of the BlueConic segment selected in step 1.
- For BlueConic Lifecycles: Optionally select an event (Email opened or Email link clicked) that counts toward a stage threshold for associated lifecycle stages related to this connection goal.
- Run the connection.
Running the Sailthru connection
Tip: Make sure you have authenticated the connection with your Sailthru credentials and added Import and Export goals before running the connection.
- At the top of the Set up and run page, turn the Sailthru connection on and Save the connection.
- Scroll down to the Run history section.
- To start the import and export manually, click the Run now button.
- To schedule the import and export for a future date, click the Settings icon . Select how to schedule the import by choosing an option from the drop-down list: number of times per day, days of the week or month, specific weekdays.
- Set a time for the import, and click OK.
To learn more about the schedule settings, see Scheduling Connections.
Data exchange shows the total number of unique profiles that are enriched or created with data from Sailthru, or the number of unique profiles exported to Sailthru via this connection. Note that these are unique profiles - if the same profile is exported multiple times, it is counted as 1.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.