Sometimes the visitor is asked to enter information in a regular web form. But what if BlueConic already has that information in the visitor profile?
The Prefill Form Dialogue plugin lets you specify rules for prefilling regular form input fields with values stored in the profile of the visitor.
Using the Prefill Form dialogue in BlueConic
To prefill a form input field, a new rule needs to be created and the details of the field have to be entered.
- Create a Dialogue of type "Prefill Form".
- Click the Add Rule button.
- Click Select field and enter the details of the form field that you want to prefill:
- Use the visual picker or enter a jQuery CSS selector expression to select the field. For complete information on jQuery selectors, see http://api.jquery.com/category/selectors/
- Give the field a human readable name. input field.
- Click Select profile property to select the property whose value shall be used to prefill the form. You can enter the name of the property and select it, or you can use the "Advanced search" option to search for one.
If you need to prefill more form fields, repeat the above process for all fields. When ready, enable the Dialogue and save it. In this example, we prefill a customer's name from the Name profile property to a form.
Whenever the dialogue is able to find a matching form field, it will now set the value of the form field to the value of the profile property.
Warning: Do not prefill level 2 (PERSONAL) properties when there are profile merging rules active. An attacker could provoke a merge and could discover information of another profile.