A Twitter Follow Action in BlueConic lets you place a button on a page that allows visitors to follow the specified Twitter user on Twitter.
The following is an example of a Twitter Follow Button dialogue:
Configuring a Twitter Follow button in BlueConic
The Twitter Follow button has several configuration options, as shown in the example below:
Note that all options except the Twitter Username are completely optional. Skip the configuration and a default Twitter Follow Button will appear with the number of likes next to it.
- Twitter Username
- Enter the Twitter handle of the user to follow.
- Show follower count
- Enable to display the number of followers for the account next to the button.
- Show bigger button
- Enable to display a bigger variant of the same button.
- Prevent Twitter from suggesting the user people based on their recent visits to the Twitter ecosystem.
- Where to insert
- Choose the placement of the Twitter Follow button relative to the position that was picked for the dialogue. Choices are:
- Prepend: Insert the button before the selected position.
- Append: Insert the button after the selection position.
- Replace: Replace the contents of the position by the button.