These release notes show incremental updates to the BlueConic SDK for Android, including the SDK version number, date the update was released, and major changes or additions.
4.0.0 - October 5, 2023
- Set the minimum SDK target to API 21.
- Moved SDK distribution to Maven, removing importing of the SDK as a module. Please use the maven dependency to include the SDK from now on. More info can be found in the Getting Started with Android SDK documentation.
- Moved dependency management to being handled internally by the SDK via Maven. There is no need to manually include the GSON and Google Play services anymore.
- Updated Google Play services using only the required module instead of the full library.
- Fixed an issue with Google Advertising id not being retrieved correctly.
- Fixed NPE crash when processing the commit log request values.
3.0.0 - August 3, 2023
- Changed the SDK target to API 33.
- Set the minimum SDK target to API 14.
- Moved from the Android Support Libraries to the AndroidX library.
- Moved to Android Gradle Plugin 7.3.1.
- Updated the documentation to clarify the need to add the following dependency to all SDK integrations: implementation 'com.google.code.gson:gson:2.10.1'.
- Fixed an issue where events were not sent consistently when moving from one screen to another.
- Fixed an issue where if the Rule Based Form Listener was ‘set if empty’, events would not trigger. Now these events trigger as expected.
2.6.6 - June 13, 2022
- Added INCREMENT operation for profile properties.
- Fixed an issue where properties deleted on the server would not be updated in the mobile SDK.
2.6.5 - January 24, 2022
- Implemented set_if_empty for android.
- Fixed an issue where the BlueConic SDK for Android throws exceptions and would cascade upwards.
2.6.4 - November 3, 2020
- The logic in `handleSimulatorData` to only call `setHostname` when `debug` mode is `true` to avoid invalid URL as overrule hostname.
- Issue in the simulator mechanism to not overrule the hostname when `debug` mode is `false`.