What: The BlueConic Copernica connection allows you to enrich BlueConic profiles with data from Copernica subscribers and vice versa. This connection supports scheduled batch import and real time export.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic customer data platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: Interact with your email recipients with relevancy onsite and in their inboxes. By bringing Copernica data into BlueConic, you can individualize their experience onsite or in-app. By using BlueConic's unique behavioral data collection, you can enable a relevant email program for triggered emails and drip campaigns.
How: For information on accessing the Copernica connection, contact your BlueConic Customer Success Manager.
Creating a Copernica Connection
- Click Connections in the BlueConic navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Enter "Copernica" in the Search bar.
- Click Copernica Connection.
The Copernica Connection page opens. You can expand or collapse the metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray chevron at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for the connection at the top of the page and Save your settings.
Configuring a Copernica connection
Setting up the connection
- Click Set up in the Setup section in the left panel.
In the Authentication step, click the Connect with Copernica button to start the authentication flow. Enter your Copernica credentials to authorize the connection.
To make the connection work, you have to add at least one import or export goal, save your settings, and switch the connection on. In the goal section, you specify how data from BlueConic should be linked and mapped to Copernica.
Importing data from Copernica into BlueConic
In the left-hand panel, click Add goal and choose Import goal and then follow the steps laid out in the import goal.
- Select a Copernica database to use for the import.
- Optional: Select a Copernica collection.
Select the Copernica collections from the table to import data from if you want to import data from specific collections.
- Link identifiers between Copernica and BlueConic.
Link Copernica profiles to BlueConic profiles by mapping the identifiers from both systems. Copernica profiles that contain no value for one of the identifiers selected will be excluded from the import.
- Optional: Map the Copernica data you want to import to the corresponding BlueConic profile properties.
- Optional: Import Timeline events into BlueConic.
You can import data from Copernica fields to enrich BlueConic Timeline events.
Exporting data from BlueConic into Copernica
To send BlueConic customer data to Copernica, click Add goal in the left-hand panel, choose Export goal, and follow the steps laid out in the export goal.
- Select a BlueConic segment to export profile data from.
Only profiles that are part of the segment can trigger an export into Copernica.
- Select BlueConic profile properties to trigger an export.
Select one or more BlueConic profile properties to use as a trigger. When any of your triggers occur on a profile, that profile will be immediately exported to Copernica. NOTE: Copernica may charge you for real-time requests.
- Select a Copernica database to use for the export.
- Optional: Select a Copernica collection
Select the Copernica collections to export data to if you want to export profile data to specific collections.
- Link identifiers between Copernica and BlueConic.
- Optional: Map the BlueConic data you want to export to the corresponding Copernica fields.
Click Add mapping to add a new mapping rule, or click Add multiple mappings to add a number of rules for properties.
Note: The logo before the entry field is a clickable menu where you can select the type of data you want to export: the BlueConic profile identifier of the profile, the associated segments (click the text to select only a couple instead of all), a profile property, all associated lifecycles, all viewed interactions, or a text value.
Running the Copernica Connection
Make sure you add an export goal or goals before running the connection and save your configuration. For additional details on these settings, see Scheduling BlueConic connections.
- Turn the Copernica connection on and click the Save button to save your settings.
- Go to the Set up and run page and scroll down to the Run history section.
- To start the export manually, click the Run now button.
- To schedule the export for a future date, click the Settings icon . Select a scheduling option from the drop-down list:
- Days of the week
- Day of the month
- Weekday of the month
- Set a time for the export.
- Click OK.
Once you've set up and saved your connection, the icon at the top will reflect the status of the connection.
Green arrows run from BlueConic to Copernica, showing that data is being exported and imported. When the arrow is green, the connection is ready to be used.
Data exchange shows you the total number of unique profiles that have been exported via the connection. Note that this shows the number of unique profiles available for export. Also, if the same profile is exported multiple times, it is counted as 1.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.