The Content Collector Connection collects data about your content and stores them in a BlueConic content store which can be accessed by dialogues making use of Content Recommendations.
To set up the connection, click "Collect data from your channels"
1. Select the channel(s) to collect content data from. Optionally, define URL rules to specify which areas of the sites to collect content data from.
2. Next, paste an article URL into the "Test URL" area, and click 'Test' to review the metadata that would be collected for your content:
If the "Name", "Description", "Image", "URL", and "Categories" fields are not populated, the webpage may not surface content information in a supported format. BlueConic supports:
- Schema.org Microdata or JSON-LD
- Open Graph meta tags
- Regular meta tags
Custom metadata fields can be added by clicking "Add data field". For example, if your content has a sponsorship association, or is tagged based overarching stories/topics, influencers or sources, this data can be used in recommendations placement filtering.
3. There are a few algorithms that are based on a lookback timeframe, for example "Viral articles". This can be configured based on hours or days here:
- Make sure images are being scraped properly!
- Review article names to be sure appendages do not exist, for example " | Site.com" may be appended to every title depending where it is being scraped from.