What: The Snapchat connection allows you to enrich data from BlueConic to target Audience Segments on Snapchat. With this connection, you can export BlueConic profiles to create Audience Segments in Snapchat via a batch run.
With the Snapchat Connection you can export profiles to create custom audiences in Snapchat using a batch run.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic customer data platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: By sending segment data to Snapchat, you can more effectively reach target audiences with Snapchat Ads. Reach any contact in your CRM with server-to-server sync. With this capability, you can stop targeting entire segments of visitors who are not a good fit for your advertising campaigns.
Adding a Snapchat Connection
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to install the connection in your tenant.
- Click Connections in the navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter “Snapchat” in the Search bar.
Click Snapchat Connection.
The Snapchat Connection opens. Enter a name for the connection. Get tips on naming items in BlueConic. You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray chevron at the top of the page. Here you can choose to receive email notifications for each connection run (whether it fails to run or runs successfully).
Configuring a Snapchat connection
The instructions below show how to authenticate your connection between BlueConic and Snapchat, and then how to create and configure connection goals for exporting data.
Authenticating your connection
- Click Set up and run in the Snapchat connection.
- Under Snapchat Ad Account authentication, click Connect with Snapchat by entering your credentials and selecting the Ad Account that you will be using.
- Enter the value for your Snapchat Snap Pixel. Your Snap Pixel should follow a "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx" format. For help retrieving or creating a Snapchat Snap Pixel, refer to this Snapchat article.
- Optional: If you want to restrict the channels or URLs where the real-time export is active, select the channels and URLs. The standard is that the real-time export is active on all pages on all channels. (Required only for real-time export.)
- Save your connection settings at the top of the page.
Under Data exchange you can see how many profiles have been exported. See Connection status for details.
Configuring a Batch export of BlueConic profiles to Snapchat
You can use BlueConic segments to create custom Snapchat Audience Segments. Using the batch segment export enables you to target Snapchat Ads to people on Snapchat who have interacted with your other channels and have information stored in BlueConic.
Add a goal to synchronize BlueConic segment information with Snapchat Audience Segments by clicking the Add goal button and selecting Create Snapchat Audience Segment (batch export). Follow the steps in the goal to configure it.
- Link identifiers between BlueConic and Snapchat.
Link identifiers for matching profiles between both systems.
- Map BlueConic segments to Snapchat Audience Segments.
Here you map BlueConic segments to existing Audience Segments in Snapchat, or create a new one by entering a new name. You can add as many mappings as necessary. After the first time the connection runs, new audiences will appear as a matched audience created by BlueConic.
- Save your settings and run the connection.
Configuring an export goal for Snapchat Snap Pixels
Export profile data in real time (when a visitor goes to one of your selected channels) via a Snapchat Snap Pixel implementation. The Snapchat Snap Pixel is a piece of lightweight code that you can add to your channels to be able to enhance targeting and advertising capabilities within Snapchat.
Click the Add goal button and select Export via Snapchat Snap Pixel and follow the steps in the goal to configure it.
- Select a BlueConic segment to export profile data from BlueConic to Snapchat.
Only profiles in this BlueConic segment will be exported.
- Select matching BlueConic profile properties.
Select the matching BlueConic profile properties that contain the following information that you want to export to your Snapchat account.
- Select settings for pushing data to Snapchat.
Choose when BlueConic should call the Snapchat Snap Pixel: for each page view, once per visit, or when the profile's permission level changes.
Running the Snapchat Connection
Make sure you add an export goal or goals before running the connection and save your configuration. For additional details on these settings, see Scheduling BlueConic connections.
- Turn the Snapchat connection on and click the Save button to save your settings.
- Go to the Set up and run page and scroll down to the Run history section.
- To start the export manually, click the Run now button.
- To schedule the export for a future date, click the Settings icon . Select a scheduling option from the drop-down list:
- Days of the week
- Day of the month
- Weekday of the month
- Set a time for the export.
- Click OK.
Once you've set up and saved your connection, the icon at the top will reflect the status of the connection.
A green arrow runs from BlueConic to Snapchat, showing that data is being exported from BlueConic to Snapchat. When the arrow is green, the connection is ready to be used.
Data exchange shows you the total number of unique profiles that have been exported via the connection. Note that this shows the number of unique profiles available for export. Also, if the same profile is exported multiple times, it is counted as 1.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.