What: The TikTok Ads Manager connection allows you to enrich TikTok Ads Manager with data from BlueConic to create and sync custom audiences. With this connection you can export profiles to create Custom Audiences in TikTok Ads Manager via a batch run. Make sure you do not have an active ad blocker when configuring this connection.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic customer data platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: By sending segment data to TikTok, you can more effectively reach target audiences with TikTok Ads Manager and more effectively target customer segments in your TikTok advertising campaigns.
Adding a TikTok Connection
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to install the connection in your tenant.
- Click Connections in the navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter “TikTok” in the Search bar.
- Click TikTok Connection.
The TikTok Connection opens. Enter a name for the connection. Get tips on naming items in BlueConic. You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray chevron at the top of the page. Here you can choose to receive email notifications for each connection run (whether it fails to run or runs successfully).
Configuring a TikTok Connection in BlueConic
The instructions below show how to authenticate your connection between BlueConic and TikTok, and then how to create and configure connection goals for exporting data.
Setting up a TikTok connection in BlueConic
- Select Set up and run in the left panel.
- Click the Connect to TikTok button and log in to your TikTok advertising account.
- In BlueConic, select your TikTok Ads Manager account.
- Save your settings.
Under Data exchange you can see how many profiles have been exported to TikTok once the connection is running. See Connection status for details.
Configuring an export goal to connect BlueConic profiles to TikTok
You can use BlueConic segments to create custom TikTok custom audiences. Using the batch segment export enables you to target TikTok Ads to TikTok users who have interacted with your other channels and have information stored in BlueConic.
Add a connection goal to synchronize BlueConic segment information with TikTok custom audiences by clicking the Add goal button and selecting Create TikTok Custom Audiences. Follow the steps in the goal to configure it.
- Link identifiers between BlueConic and TikTok Ads Manager.
Link identifiers to match customer profiles between the two systems.
- Map BlueConic segments to TikTok Audience IDs.
Here you map BlueConic segments to existing Audience IDs in TikTok, or create a new one by entering a new name. You can add as many mappings as necessary. After the first time the connection runs, new audiences will appear as a matched audience created by BlueConic.
- Save your settings and run the connection.
Running the TikTok Connection
Make sure you add an export goal or goals before running the connection and save your configuration. For additional details on these settings, see Scheduling BlueConic connections.
- Turn the TikTok connection on and click the Save button to save your settings.
- Go to the Set up and run page and scroll down to the Run history section.
- To start the export manually, click the Run now button.
- To schedule the export for a future date, click the Settings icon . Select a scheduling option from the drop-down list:
- Days of the week
- Day of the month
- Weekday of the month
- Set a time for the export.
- Click OK.
Once you've set up and saved your connection, the icon at the top will reflect the status of the connection.
A green arrow runs from BlueConic to TikTok, showing that data is being exported from BlueConic to TikTok Ads Manager. When the arrow is green, the connection is ready to be used.
Data exchange shows you the total number of unique profiles that have been exported via the connection. Note that this shows the number of unique profiles available for export. Also, if the same profile is exported multiple times, it is counted as 1.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.