Lifecycles offers a threshold setting that lets you reduce campaign pressure by limiting the number of touchpoints a profile encounters across channels in each stage of the journey.
For example, say your Lifecycle targets profiles on different channels and through different methods of activation. After a customer receives 2 emails, a push message on their mobile phone, and 3 Facebook messages in a week, they might start to feel overwhelmed. To prevent this pressure, you can add thresholds limiting the number of possible touchpoints to 5 per week, month or quarter (or however many touchpoints you deem appropriate).
Watch the video: Lifecycle Thresholds
Key points: Stage Thresholds in BlueConic Lifecycles
- Thresholds limit how often profiles in a lifecycle stage are exposed to the stage's touchpoints over a set time period.
- The time period for thresholds is a sliding window, not a calendar week, month, or quarter.
- Threshold counts can go slightly over the stated limit in cases where several dialogues appear on a single page. For example, if the page display pushes past your threshold limit, BlueConic will display all the expected dialogue touchpoints, rather than leaving an empty space.
- The reasons thresholds might exceed their count include multiple dialogues on a page, scheduled batch connections with the same timing, and importing events through a connection.
- All dialogues are automatically counted toward the threshold, but not all connections. For example, in the Lifecycle shown below, the Facebook Ads touchpoint in stage 1 does not count toward the stage threshold. See Connections and Lifecycles for details on each supported connection.
How to set thresholds for a lifecycle stage
You can limit the campaign pressure in a lifecycle stage by setting thresholds to suppress marketing touchpoints exposed to profiles in that stage.
- In the Threshold section of a lifecycle stage, click "No stage threshold."
- Click the Stage threshold box to enter the number of interactions and the time period.
- Choose the threshold time period from the dropdown menu: per week, per month, or per quarter.
- Click OK.