With BlueConic, you can increase customer acquisition by reaching more of the right audience and converting them with the right message.
Increasing the number of leads a company has provides additional opportunities for sales and new customers, as well as driving prospects further down the sales funnel.
Before you begin
Before you follow the lead generation steps below, you'll need to understand:
- Identify the segment of customers you want to target for lead generation. Most likely, this segment includes profiles that are missing key information, such as email address, phone numbers, etc.
- If the segment doesn't exist yet, you need to determine if you have enough data to create it.
- If you need additional data to populate profiles in a segment, you may need to create a Listener or Connection in order to collect profile data for your segment.
- Create the segment by choosing a profile property to form the basis for the segmentation. In this example, we are using email address:
- We don’t need specific information, so we will just create a segment that will include anyone for whom the 'Email address' profile property is empty. This creates a segment for anyone whose profile does not yet contain an email address.
- Next, you need to target or activate the segment by using a Dialogue, which you can use to capture lead information.
- When creating the dialogue, you must identify the “Who” -- which is the segment to deliver this to.
- You should choose the segment you created above in Step 4.
- Use the “Where” tab of your dialogue to determine where you want the dialogue to appear. Do you want this only on your homepage, on your subpages, or on a specific page? Once you have determined the placement, you can choose the channel and specify the appropriate URL. In BlueConic, a channel refers to a unique website, email interaction, or mobile app.
In the example shown here, we specify that the dialogue should appear only on “sportarticles” subpages.
- Click Load examples to see dialogue examples you can use to get started with personalization in BlueConic. You can create custom BlueConic dialogues based on the examples that appear when you click Load examples.
- Once you have chosen the dialogue style, you can edit it to match your needs by editing the CSS or HTML.
- By default, the example will set the value of the form to the profile property email address when the form is submitted. You can change this depending on the values you are retrieving from the form and where you want them stored within BlueConic.
- Now you have a lead capture dialogue that will set the email address profile property with the value your customers submit in the form.
Measure your success
There are several ways to measure the success of your lead capture campaign. Use BlueConic dashboards and insights, for example the Dialogues Table insight, to see results:
- Increase in leads (for example, the number of leads per month, quarter, year)
- Increase in lead capture conversion rate
- Increase or improvement in segmentation by lead type
- Lowered CPA for defined target audiences