What: The Decibel connection will allow you to export BlueConic data to Decibel in real time and import data from Decibel into BlueConic in scheduled batch.
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Learn more about the BlueConic platform.
Why: Decibel measures the on-page behavior of visitors and its website heatmaps help you to determine which content drives engagement, conversions, and abandonment. Enrich Decibel's understanding of your visitor by adding BlueConic data to the mix, or enrich the BlueConic profile with Decibel Insight information to better drive relevancy.
For example, use the Decibel connection to:
- Add the Decibel experience score (DXS) into BlueConic for segmentation.
- Segment on BlueConic data in Decibel.
Adding a Decibel connection
- Click Connections in the Navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter “Decibel” in the Search bar.
Click Decibel Connection. The Decibel Connection page opens.
Enter a name for your connection.
You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray + or –.
- In the metadata section you can choose whether to get email notifications when the connection runs or fails to run. Save your settings.
Configuring a Decibel connection
Set up and run
- Define the channels and pages where the connection should be active.
- If you are going to import data into BlueConic, you will need to contact the Decibel team to request a Decibel Token. Enter the token value and save the connection.
Setting an export goal
Export data from BlueConic to Decibel in real time.
- Select a BlueConic segment to export profile data from.
- Map the BlueConic data you want to send to Decibel.
Select BlueConic profile property by entering a search term and enter the Decibel custom dimension (field) value it should populate. Be sure to enter the exact name of an existing custom dimension. Click the link Add multiple mappings if you want to add a number of profile properties at once.
Click the BlueConic icon to open a drop down menu where you can switch between the type of information you want to export. Pick one of:
- BlueConic profile identifier: The unique identifier for a profile
- Associated segments: All segments, or a selection of one or more specific segments that the profile is associated with
- Profile property: The value of a specific profile property
- All viewed interactions (all time): The interactions that the profile has seen
- Permission level: The permission level set in the profile
- Text value: Enter any static text
Setting an import goal
Import data from Decibel into BlueConic by running a batch connection.
Make sure you configured the Decibel token in Set up and run.
- Map the Decibel data you want to add to BlueConic profiles
Running the Decibel connection
Now that you have created an Import goal, you can run or schedule import batches to run.
- Turn the Decibel connection on and click the Save button to save your settings..
- Go to the Set up and run page. Scroll down to the Run history section.
- To start the import and export manually, click the Run now button.
- To schedule the import and export for a future date, click the Settings icon . Select how to schedule the import by choosing an option from the drop-down list:
- Every X minutes
- Number of times per day
- Days of the week
- Days of the month
- Weekday of the month
Set a time for the import.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.