The Funnel Visualization Insight displays your customers or visitors reaching various touch points in a multi-step funnel. To be able to use the insight you need to configure Funnel listening to define the touch points for each step in the funnel and collect that data.
The Funnel Visualization graph
This example shows a product order Funnel Visualization insight:
The graph above displays four steps that together form the funnel. These steps are taken directly from the configured Funnel listener. The first step is shown on top, with the next step below, and so on. For each step the number of unique visitor profiles is shown in a bar whose width is relative to the widest bar.
Important characteristics of each step are shown:
- Abandoners: Visitors who somehow never made it to the next step in the funnel.
- Stayers: Visitors who continue to the next step in the funnel. This is of course directly related to the abandoners: visitors who do not abandon, continue.
- New visitors: These visitors landed directly on a funnel step, skipping earlier steps.
- The total number of visitors for the step. This equals the number of visitors who reached the previous step plus new visitors to the step. The number is both displayed in text and also represented as a bar whose width is relative to the widest bar. It also displays the relative portions of visitors who visited the previous step (in dark green) versus the new visitors (in light green).
To the right of the bar is a red arrow representing the percentage of visitors who abandon the funnel - in other words: visitors who never make it to the next step in the funnel. Below the bar is an arrow representing the percentage of visitors who did make it to the next step in the funnel.
Find details on abandoners by clicking the "Abandoner details" link:
If the step displayed a form, the details will display an overview of which field was in focus for how many of the abandoners.
To help you recapture abandoners, the detail offers two buttons:
- Select New segment to create a segment for visitors who abandon the funnel at this step. For example, you could use this segment to retarget visitors elsewhere.
- Select New dialogue to create a dialogue aimed at visitors who abandon the funnel at this step.
- Funnel listener
- Select the Funnel listener that defines the steps of the funnel. The pulldown menu automatically picks up all active Funnel listeners.
- Restrict the data used for the graph to the selected segment. By default this is "All Visitors," meaning there is no restriction. Search another segment if you want to limit the scope of the graph.
- New visitors
- Determine whether or not new visitors should be included in the graph. If you deselect the checkbox only visitors who progress though the entire funnel starting from the first step will be displayed.