What: The Lotame DMP connection allows you use BlueConic customer information to enrich an existing Lotame DMP account. The connection will feed segment information from BlueConic to Lotame in a scheduled batch via Amazon Web Services (S3).
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
Why: BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that stores data at the customer level for known and anonymous users. Look-alike audiences and retargeting campaigns can be greatly improved through the use of this data.
Communication between BlueConic and Lotame depends on a linked Amazon Web Services (S3) bucket that you need to set up.
Adding a Lotame DMP connection
- Click Connections in the navigation bar.
- Click Add connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter “Lotame” in the Search bar. Click Lotame DMP connection.
- The Lotame DMP connection page opens. You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray + or –.
Configuring a Lotame DMP connection
Set up and run
Exchanging data with Lotame DMP is done via an Amazon Web Services (S3) server. BlueConic will export data to the AWS (S3) location you configure and Lotame will pick up and process the data from there. Read more about Amazon security credentials.
- Enter your Amazon Web Services (S3) access key ID. You can retrieve this via the security credentials page.
- Enter your Amazon Web Services (S3) secret access key. You can create a new access key for your account by going to the security credentials page. In the Access Key section, click Create New Access Key.
- Select the path where BlueConic will put the export data file.
- Enter the Lotame Client ID that will be used for user ID sync. Ask the Lotame DMP team what your Client ID is.
- Enter the Lotame Client ID space that will be used for user ID sync. Ask the Lotame DMP team what your Client ID space is.
- Optional: Enter one or more email addresses in a comma separated list where email notifications of the batch runs will be sent. Leave empty to not send email.
- Optional: Select when to send notifications: on error, or also on success.
Export data into Lotame DMP
- Click Add goal and Export goal to add a new goal to export data into Lotame DMP.
- Select a BlueConic segment using the search bar.
- Select BlueConic segments that should be exported to Lotame. You can opt to send all associated segments of a profile to Lotame. Alternatively, click All associated segments and activate the option to only send a selection of segments. You can optionally provide a replacement value to be exported instead of the name of the segment.
Once you've configured the connection, contact Lotame to make sure the files are retrieved correctly.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.
The Lotame DMP connection is a standard plugin.