What: The Adobe Audience Manager Connection allows you to enrich the information in an existing Adobe Audience Manager DMP account. The connection can feed segment or profile information from BlueConic to Adobe Audience Manager by triggering an HTTP request to Adobe Audience Manager.
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
Why: BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that stores data at the customer level for known and anonymous users. Look-alike audiences and retargeting campaigns can be greatly improved through the use of this data.
For the connection to work, you must have set up the Adobe Audience Manager tag on your pages.
Configuring the connection
Configuration takes the following options:
Adobe Audience Manager SettingsBase URL
- The Base URL should contain the Adobe Audience Manager hostname and event context. BlueConic will append the custom parameters to this Base URL and make the call to Adobe Audience Manager.
- Push Frequency
- The Push Frequency determines when BlueConic data will be sent to Adobe Audience Manager. Three options are available:
- Each Page View
- Only when the Variables change
- Once per Visit
- On Permission Level change
Under "Custom Parameters" the connection between Adobe Audience Manager variables and BlueConic values is established. Click the button Add Custom Parameter to add a new rule. To remove an existing custom parameter, click the delete icon on the right of the line.
- Custom Parameter (required)
- Enter the name of the variable in Adobe Audience Manager that will hold the value sent by BlueConic.
- BlueConic Value Type
- Choose one of:
- Profile Property: use the value of a BlueConic Profile Property in the visitors profile. If multiple values are available for the selected Profile Property, values will be pipe-separated. Under value detail select the profile property that will hold the value to send.
- BlueConic Profile Identifier: the value of the BlueConic Profile identifier will be used.
- Associated Segments: use the names of all associated BlueConic segments as value. Segment names will be pipe ("|") separated.
Click "All segments" to select and send only specific segments instead of all segments.
Search and select a segment and enter an optional code to use instead of the name of the segment. If you do not provide a code, the name of the segment will be used.
If you want to push the associated Segments of a visitor, the option "Expose the segments that the visitor is part of" on the BlueConic Settings > Privacy tab in BlueConic must be enabled.
- All viewed Interactions: use the names of all viewed BlueConic interactions (for the current page view) as value. Names will be pipe-separated.
- Permission Level: value of the BlueConic Permission Management level setting of the visitor (DO_NOT_TRACK, ANONYMOUS or PERSONAL).
- Text: the value will be a fixed text. Enter the text string you want to use as value.
The logos at the top of the page provide an overview of the connection status:
There is an arrow going from BlueConic to Adobe Audience Manager, meaning data is being exported. Also, the arrow is green which means the connection is ready to go.
The Adobe Audience Manager Connection is a certified plugin.