The Preferred Hour of Day Insight displays the values for a profile property that contains the hours of the day, sorted chronologically. This is typically the same profile property as used in Preferred Hour of Day listening.
The Preferred Hour of Day Insight and its controls
An example of an Insight based on the "Preferred Hour of Day" type:
- The Y-axis on the left displays the number of profiles.
- The X-axis displays a bar per hour (e.g. "5 PM - 6 PM").
- Zoom in / zoom out
- At the bottom of the bar chart the zoom factor can be adjusted. Click the + to zoom in to a smaller number of profiles, or click the - to zoom out to a larger number of profiles.
- Zoom slider
- To the right of the bar chart is a zoom slider. When there are many values for the profile property, the zoom slider can be used to select a specific segment of values. This can be done by dragging the left or right edge of the slider to resize it. The slider itself can then be dragged to view a specific segment of the graph.
Configuring the Preferred Hour of Day Insight
- Profile property (required)
- Select the profile property that contains the hour of the day. This is typically the same profile property as used in Preferred Hour of Day listening.
- Segment (optional)
- Select the segment to limit the displayed data to that of visitors in a specific segment. If no segment is selected, all profiles are used.