What: The DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) connection allows you to implement DFP on your website via BlueConic. Use the connection to define additional ad slots and display ad details while triggering ads in DFP and passing on targeting parameters to the DoubleClick network.
Do not use this connection when you have already implemented DFP on your website. If you only want to use key/value targeting, use the DoubleClick for Publishers (Targeting Only) connection.
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
Why: BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that stores behavioral, technographic, and geographic data at the customer level for known and anonymous users in real-time. Data from other sources (e.g. social sign-on, CRM, marketing database) can also be integrated in real-time or in incremental batches. By providing segmentation details and profile property values to the DFP connection, advertisers can more effectively target specific groups of visitors, improving overall clickthrough rates from your ad supported channels.
Configuring the connection
Configuration takes the following options:
DoubleClick Ad Unit
- Enter the full path of the Ad Unit. This includes the network code and Ad Unit name, e.g. /123456/sports.
- Refresh existing Ad Slots
- Activate this option to refresh any existing Ad Slots (including the ones configured) with the configured targeting parameters.
DoubleClick Ad Slots
Click [Add DoubleClick Ad Slot] to add a new ad slot. Hover over an ad slot and click the delete icon on the right to delete it. Ad slot options:
- Div ID of Ad Slot
- Enter the id of the div tag for the Ad Slot
- Ad Slot Position
- Select the position for the Ad Slot: inside the page or outside the page.
- Width (px)
- Enter the width in pixels of the Ad Slot.
- Height (px)
- Enter the height in pixels of the Ad Slot.
Click [Add Targeting Parameter] to add a new targeting parameter. Hover over a targeting parameter and click the delete icon on the right to delete it. Targeting parameter options:
- DoubleClick key
- Enter the name of the DoubleClick key to set.
- BlueConic Value Type
- Select the type of value in BlueConic, one of: text, profile property or all associated segments.
- BlueConic Value Detail
- For value type of text: enter the text value to set for the DoubleClick key.
- For value type of profile property: select the profile property that holds the value to set for the DoubleClick key.
- Applies to
- Select "All ad slots" or check every individual ad slot to which this rule applies.
The DoubleClick for Publishers Connection is a standard plugin.