What: The Adobe Analytics Connection allows you to enrich the information in an existing Adobe Analytics implementation. You can export segment, lifecycle, or profile information from BlueConic to Adobe Analytics using Custom Link Tracking.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic Customer Data Platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that stores data at the customer level for known and anonymous users. Integration capabilities with analytics and other marketing/communication platforms can further enhance this dataset. Setting props/eVars with selected details can greatly improve upon already insightful analyses.
For the connection to work, you must have set up the Adobe Analytics tag on your pages.
Adding an Adobe Analytics connection
- Click Connections in the navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter “Adobe Anaytics” in the Search bar.
Click Adobe Analytics Connection.The connection page opens. Enter a name for the connection and save your settings. Get tips on naming items in BlueConic. You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray chevron at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for your connection at the top of the page and Save your settings.
Configuring the Adobe Analytics connection
- Select Setup in the left panel.
- Select Channels to export profile data from.
You can select BlueConic channels or specific URLs.
- Enter your Reporting Suite ID(s) to find the right instance of Adobe Analytics.
Setting export goals
Export goals allow you to export data from BlueConic to Adobe Analytics. To do this, complete the steps that are outlined in the goal.
- Select a BlueConic segment to export profile data from.
- Map BlueConic profile data to Adobe Analytics.
As you map BlueConic content to Adobe Analytics fields, open the dropdown menu from the BlueConic icon to choose the type of information you want to export:
- Profile property: The value of a specific profile property.
- BlueConic profile identifier: The unique identifier for a profile.
- Associated segments: All segments, or a selection of one or more specific segments that the profile is associated with.
- Associated lifecycles: All lifecycles this profile is associated with.
Learn more about Lifecycles.
- All viewed interactions: The names of all viewed BlueConic interactions (for the current page view) as the value, and names will be pipe-separated.
- Permission level: The permission level set in the profile.
- Text value: Enter any static text.
- Send page variables to Adobe Analytics.
- Specify when to push data to Adobe Analytics.
Define the push frequency (page view, when export property value changes, once per visit, or on permission change), and optionally add an extra event to trigger this goal. BlueConic will push the data from this goal as events to Adobe Analytics. The events can be identified by Adobe Analytics by a name (up to 100 characters).
Save your settings.
The logos at the top of the page provide an overview of the connection status:
There is an arrow going from BlueConic to Adobe Analytics, meaning data is being exported. Also, the arrow is green which means the connection is ready to go.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.