What: The Adobe Analytics Connection allows you to enrich the information in an existing Adobe Analytics (formerly named Omniture) implementation. The connection can feed segment or profile information from BlueConic to Adobe Analytics using the technique of Custom Link Tracking.
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Click here to learn more.
Why: BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that stores data at the customer level for known and anonymous users. Integration capabilities with analytics and other marketing/communication platforms can further enhance this dataset. Setting props/eVars with selected details can greatly improve upon already insightful analyses.
For the connection to work, you must have set up the Adobe Analytics tag on your pages.
Configuring the connection
Configuration takes the following options:
- Reporting Suite ID
- The Reporting Suite ID is used to find the right instance of AppMeasurement. If you add more than one ID, use a comma to separate the IDs.
- Link Name
- The Link Name allows you to identify data from BlueConic in a report. Any text up to 100 characters in length is allowed here.
- Push Frequency
- The Push Frequency determines when BlueConic data will be sent to Adobe Analyics. Three options are available:
- Each Page View
- Only when the Variables change
- Once per Visit
- Page Variables
- Page Variables are variables that are populated by the site and will be sent along with the Custom Defined Variables in the call to Adobe Analytics.
Variables & Events
Under "Variables & Events" the connection between Adobe Analytics variables and BlueConic values can be established. Click the button Add Link Variable to add a new rule. To remove an existing link variable, click the delete icon on the right of the line.
- Adobe Analytics Variable (required)
- Enter the name of the variable in Adobe Analytics that will hold the value sent by BlueConic.
- BlueConic Value Type
- Choose one of:
- Profile Property: use the value of a BlueConic Profile Property in the visitors profile. If multiple values are available for the selected Profile Property, values will be pipe-separated. Under value detail select the profile property that will hold the value to send.
- Associated Segments: use the names of all associated BlueConic segments as value. Segment names will be pipe ("|") separated.
Click "All segments" to select and send only specific segments instead of all segments.
Search and select a segment and enter an optional code to use instead of the name of the segment. If you do not provide a code, the name of the segment will be used.
If you want to push the associated Segments of a visitor, the option "Expose the segments that the visitor is part of" on the BlueConic Settings > Privacy tab in BlueConic must be enabled.
- All viewed Interactions: use the names of all viewed BlueConic interactions (for the current page view) as value. Names will be pipe-separated.
- Permission Level: value of the BlueConic Permission Management level setting of the visitor (DO_NOT_TRACK, ANONYMOUS or PERSONAL).
- Text: the value will be a fixed text. Enter the text string you want to use as value.
The logos at the top of the page provide an overview of the connection status:
There is an arrow going from BlueConic to Adobe Analytics, meaning data is being exported. Also, the arrow is green which means the connection is ready to go.
The Adobe Analytics Connection is a certified plugin.