The Visual Form listener in BlueConic helps you quickly and easily configure Form Listening on your site. You can use Form Listening to set a value for a property in a visitor's profile based on that visitor's input. By collecting input a visitor submits to a web form, you can use the listener in two ways:
- To set the value of an existing profile property to a particular value, based on the visitor's input
- To add a value to a profile property that supports multiple values
Setting up Visual Form Listening in BlueConic
Navigate to the page that has the form you would like to collect data from. BlueConic automatically highlights forms with a dotted line. To bring up the configuration menu, select the blue Select Form button that corresponds to the form you would like to listen to:
- Use the blue checkbox to include or exclude form fields from the listener.
- The number in the orange box corresponds to the similarly numbered form field to help identify which field you're working with.
- In the search box you can specify which profile property should store data for the corresponding form field. You can choose an existing profile property or create a new one.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the search bar to select the storage rules for the data.
Once everything is configured, press the blue Save button, close the visual form picker, and your listener will be ready to turn on and run. For more information on collecting data with BlueConic Listeners, see Listeners Overview.
Listeners can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. The listener will only update a profile if the visitor consented to at least one of the objectives that it is linked to.