The Priority setting for a BlueConic Lifecycle enables you to control the relative priority of dialogues competing for the same position on a mobile app or web page. BlueConic dialogues also have priority settings on each dialogue's When tab.
What happens when several dialogues are competing to appear in the same position? BlueConic evaluates the priority in two steps: first, the Lifecycle priority determines which dialogues progress to the second evaluation step, where the remaining dialogues are evaluated against their own dialogue priority.
Key points: Lifecycle priority settings
- BlueConic lifecycles and dialogues both have priority settings that determine which dialogues to display first.
- Lifecycle priorities are considered first, and then dialogue priority settings.
- If after considering the relative priority settings, two or more dialogues have the same priority level, they will be shown to the customer in a round-robin fashion where each time the page is reloaded, a different dialogue appears.
Setting the priority level for a BlueConic customer Lifecycle
- Open your BlueConic Lifecycle and click the Priorities drop-down menu.
- Choose a relative priority level for this Lifecycle, in our example: highest, high, medium, or low.
- Save your changes.
Learn more about Dialogue priority settings.