BlueConic Customer Academy
Watch our latest BlueConic Academy webinar, on using Dialogues in BlueConic. Pick up some tips from BlueConic experts and learn best practices for creating and using dialogues.
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about the BlueConic Customer Academy.
BlueConic Lifecycles feature coming soon
With BlueConic Lifecycles, marketers can activate customer data using lifecycle orchestration. Lifecycles let you organize, coordinate, and visualize cross-channel marketing touchpoints that you use to influence target segments of customer profiles. Customers can advance from one customer lifecycle stage, which you define in support of your key business outcomes.
With Lifecycles, marketers can move beyond channel-specific campaign workflows and instead, orchestrate cross-channel lifecycle marketing programs that are responsive to each customer’s unique journey based on real-time, unified customer profile data at the platform’s core.
Lifecycles will be available early this fall for existing customers. For more information on getting access to Lifecycles, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Latest BlueConic updates and enhancements
Our developers are devising new features while updating existing BlueConic features. Here are a few notable enhancements:
- Our plugin developers updated the way several BlueConic connections (including the SFTP, Mailchimp, Data Layer, Webhook, and Google Tag Manager connections) deal with previously imported files. These connections now check both successfully finished runs and unsuccessful runs to determine whether a file should be imported. This speeds up the connection and means that available files are reimported only once.
- Fans of the BlueConic Salesforce Connection will be glad to know that connection can now run up to 24 times per day.
- We updated the BlueConic Hubspot Connection to align with recent changes to the Hubspot API that require request headers of data exports from BlueConic to include the content-type.
- BlueConic collects dozens of profile properties as soon as you install the BlueConic script. (See the full list of profile properties BlueConic collects by default.) The "Mobile Ad ID (most recent)" and "Mobile Ad ID (all)" profile properties are set by the Mobile SDK. Because these profile properties contain values that uniquely identify the customer, they are now defined as unique identifiers in BlueConic.
- Updates to the Profile summary page now include interests and keywords gathered by the new Interest Ranker Listener.
- Fixed the Visual Form Listener to ensure it displays content correctly in the Visual Picker.
- Updates to the Funnel Listener make it easier to correct the problem when no name or ID attribute is present in a form.
Connection updates coming soon
- A Snowflake Connection will enable you to exchange customer data between BlueConic and Snowflake data sources.
- An upcoming release will enable you to use PGP encryption for exchanging CSV files between BlueConic and an SFTP server.