Newly revamped Salesforce Connection
Our developers have rebuilt the BlueConic connection to the Salesforce platform. Now it's easier than ever to synchronize your customer data between BlueConic and Salesforce. New features in the Salesforce connection include:
- Full support for importing and exporting Salesforce leads, contact, or persons
- Import and export data to Salesforce
- Easier to set up and configure
- Familiar interface for scheduling and running bulk imports or exports
- Lets you create new profiles in BlueConic
- No Salesforce AppExchange app required
- Bi-directional connection but initiated in BlueConic
New Bluecore Connection
With the new BlueConic connection to Bluecore, you can connect your BlueConic customer profile data to Bluecore. Use this customer data to automatically make smart decisions around which recommendations will convert for your shoppers.
The Bluecore connection exchanges customer data via SFTP. To get started, contact your Bluecore representative to enable SFTP and to gather your Bluecore account credentials.
Updates and enhancements to BlueConic
- A new filter on the Plugins tab (choose Settings > Plugins) lets you filter by Plugin type. This is useful for sorting or searching for plugins you have installed.
- You can now use External Trackers (tracking URLs or tracking pixels) to store events on a BlueConic profile's Timeline, in addition to storing values in profile properties.
You can also use this feature to enable external tracking URLs or tracking pixels to trigger the creation of anonymous profiles. Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more.
- A new AMP Listener so you can track customer interactions on your mobile AMP pages.
- A new Copernica Connection will enable marketers to connect their BlueConic profile data to Copernica’s email marketing automation tool to construct and deliver personalized emails.
- Adding PGP encryption for importing and exporting data using the SFTP and S3 connections.