Introducing Interest Ranker 2.0
We're happy to announce that a new and improved Interest Ranker Listener is available to BlueConic customers.
BlueConic customers can use this listener to understand customers' top interests - even as they change. Create new segments or personalize communication with customers to create the most relevant experiences whether on-site or through email or another channel.
Interest Ranker 2.0 includes:
- New smart content listening which uses natural language processing (NLP) to detect keyword interests from your page
- An overhaul to the workflow of setting up an Interest Ranker
If you already have existing Interest Ranking listeners set up in BlueConic, don't worry. They're not going away! We recommend that you use the new Interest Ranker 2.0 Listener when setting up new interest listeners, so you can use the newest features and improved UI.
New tutorial for CCPA privacy compliance
Are you ready for the new CCPA privacy legislation? With the BlueConic CDP, you have a consent management platform. See our new tutorial in the Knowledge Base to learn how to comply with CCPA: Implementing consent management for CCPA with BlueConic
Learn how to use Objectives in BlueConic to manage privacy and consent for the new California privacy legislation, CCPA. The same general procedures apply for other privacy legislations, including GDPR in Europe, PIPEDA in Canada, SB220 in Nevada, and potential NYPA legislation in New York.
Keeping up with cookie changes
- Google recently changed how the Chrome browser handles SameSite cookies, and our developers have updated BlueConic for compatibility.
- In 2019, Apple made updates to Safari for intelligent tracking prevention (ITP). See our FAQ on ITP cookie changes to learn how BlueConic handles ITP, cookies, and localStorage. See the Knowledge Base for a list of BlueConic cookies.
New default settings for profile property visitor client access
When you create a new profile property in the Profile properties tab in BlueConic, the Visitor access setting now defaults to having read and write access turned off. You can see see these settings in the Expert settings area of the Profile properties tab.
Creating new profile properties from within BlueConic connections, dialogues, or listeners sets read/write on for client visitor access, because these features may rely on reading and writing to profile properties in the browser.
- A brand new connection will let you export BlueConic profile data to Microsoft Power BI to make Power BI dashboards based on BlueConic profile data.
- New insights for comparing segment and profile data.
- New import goals in the BlueConic Shopify Connection to support importing order event data to the BlueConic Timeline.