Note: You've landed on some older release notes from our early days. Learn about current BlueConic features and use cases in the BlueConic Knowledge Base.
Most recent BlueConic product updates
For current release notes, visit the BlueConic Release Notes page.
As we look ahead to 2020, we also celebrate the BlueCrew's news and accomplishments in 2019. Our product and engineering teams released AI Workbench as well as dozens of new features, plugins, connections, and enhancements this year. Our marketing team has been busy with webinars, events, BlueConic customer stories, and timely blog posts.
BlueConic customers have quickly come to rely on AI Workbench, with 25% of BlueConic sites adopting AI Workbench this year. Nearly 10% of customers are already tracking events and transactions on the BlueConic event timeline.
We look forward to seeing how our customer community continues to adopt new features in their targeted marketing campaigns in 2020. Contact us to learn more or to share how you're using the latest and greatest BlueConic features.
Use AI Workbench to apply AI to your marketing data
This year, we added AI Workbench to bring efficiency to the way marketing and data science teams work together.
- With AI Workbench, you can apply AI marketing models to your BlueConic profile and event data.
- New out-of-the-box notebooks let marketing teams use AI marketing models to calculate CLV and RFM without writing any code.
- Full API and Python notebook support for data scientists to create and run custom AI models against your BlueConic customer data.
- New Insights for displaying results of AI Workbench models, to visualize results for all notebook cells, or a single cell.
Enhanced Timeline feature to track orders and events
With enhancements to track and activate orders, events, and transaction data, you can better understand your customers' buying behaviors and take action in real-time. Enhancements include:
- Importing and tracking product orders and transactions
- Viewing Timeline events on a profile's timeline
- Detecting shopping cart data with the Product Collector
- Creating personalization based on shopping cart and order behavior with new product recommendation algorithms based on products carted or bought most often
- Importing transactional data via SFTP connections with out-of-the-box Timeline event types
Group profiles by household, company, or account
New this year is a grouping feature in BlueConic for organizing and segmenting profiles by households, companies, accounts, or a custom group you define.
Use SAML-based SSO for BlueConic user logins
Now you can enable your BlueConic users to log in to BlueConic via SAML-based single sign-on providers such as OKTA, OneLogin, Google G Suite, etc.
Send emails with dynamic content updated at open time
Our new open-time email recommendations feature lets you send recommendations via email that update when your customers open their email, taking into account the latest up-to-the-minute actions and preferences.
Learn more about sending Open-Time Email Recommendations with BlueConic and contact your customer success manager for help with setup.
Manage privacy for multiple legislation zones
With support for multiple privacy legislation zones, you can use BlueConic manage customer privacy and consent for GDPR in Europe, CCPA in California, PIPEDA in Canada, SB220 for the state of Nevada, and the potential upcoming NYPA legislation in New York State.
New capabilities for Profile data and Segments
- Added Behavioral profile data to the Profile summary page
- New default segment, Known visitors
- Easier click and conversion tracking in forms
- Updates to how BlueConic manages first-party data with ITP and alternatives to cookies
- The General Settings subscription page shows an expanded set of BlueConic usage metrics to help you track data operations, data storage, and profile counts in greater detail over time.
New features for events, transactions, and order data
- The new BlueConic Profile Timeline illustrates events associated with an individual profile, including transactions, email events, and custom events.
- Updates to the SFTP Connection make it easier than ever to add events, import orders, and synchronize your customer data with your martech stack via CSV.
New BlueConic Connections in 2019
Our developers created several new connections this year -- including a brand new SendGrid connection, coming this month!
|BlueConic to BlueConic connection|
|Active Campaign connection|
|Higher Logic connection|
SendGrid connection coming soon!
New Insights for visualizing your data
- The new Profile Recognition Dashboard shows the percentage of your profiles that are known by a unique identifier. Use it to analyze how to increase your customer recognition ratio over time.
- The Profile identifiers insight provides important metrics showing how many of your profiles are known by unique identifiers.
- New AI Workbench insights to visualize the results of AI marketing models
- New marketing metrics tracked and displayed in the Dialogues Table and Variants Table insights, including direct and indirect conversions
Recommendations insight measuring your top products and content items
- New Segment Profile Count insight
Top BlueConic webinars of 2019
- AI for Marketing: Why It’s Overpromised and Underdelivered, Until Now
- The Death of Third-Party Cookies: What It Means for Your Marketing
- Data Privacy Laws: Compliance and Consent Management Tips for Marketers
2019 Highlights from the BlueConic Blog
- Behavioral Segmentation Examples and Insights
- Customer Lifecycle vs. Customer Journey, Explained
- CCPA: Understanding the California Consumer Privacy Act
- AI Marketing Use Cases for Everyday Marketers
BlueConic Use Case Playbooks
As you plan for 2020, perhaps you're starting to think about new ways to use your CDP and first-party data. To help you get started, check out our BlueConic playbooks with step-by-step instructions for implementing key use cases. If you have any questions, please reach out to your CSM.