Optimizing your advertising can yield better results per ad dollar spent. Using targeted segments of BlueConic profiles, you can make sure your advertising reaches the right audience.
Before you begin
Determine the ad platforms on which you would like to optimize your ads using the data you have stored in BlueConic, and what data makes the most sense to drive your campaigns.
- Determine your segment – the group of profiles for the audience you would like to target with your advertising. This will likely be visitors that have engaged with high-value products or content.
- If you need to collect the data necessary to create this segment, you will need to create a new listener or modify an existing listener. For this use case, you will most likely want to create a behavior listener, listening for products viewed but not purchased, for example.
- Create the segment you want to market to by choosing Segments in BlueConic and clicking the green “Add segment” button in the top right corner of the screen. Then click the “Select Condition” dropdown menu to define your segment.
- Once you have created and saved your segment(s), we will need to connect to a platform to send them to, such as Facebook or Google Ads. To do so, navigate to Connections, click the green “Add connection” button, and select the platform you would like to connect to.
While each connection in BlueConic is slightly different to set up, they tend to follow a two-step process of authentication and data mapping. For example, to send your segment(s) of profiles to Facebook, you would set up a Facebook Advertising Connection in BlueConic, with export goals that select this segment and map profile data. An important step here is to link identifying information between the profiles in BlueConic and audiences in Facebook (or another ad platform). Only profiles with a matching identifier will be pushed to Facebook.
See the BlueConic connections documentation for your ad platform for details on setting up and running the import or export.
- Once your connection is established, you will be able to optimize your ads using the BlueConic segments you sent to your ad platform(s).
Measure your success
Once your ad campaigns are running with the new segments, you can measure your success by examining the following metrics:
- Lowered CPL as measured by dollars spent / # of leads (monthly, or yearly).
- The number of visitors and customers coming to the site from advertisements placed on other sites is increasing from x to y.
- Increased lead-to-sale conversion rate by month, quarter, year.
- Decreased customer acquisition costs (CAC).
- Increased CLV for target audiences.