Most recent BlueConic product updates
New ways to optimize content and product recommendations
Content and product recommendations offer a great way to increase page views, click-throughs, and engagement. Using the updated Content Collector connection, you can now build content recommendations for content behind a paywall, requiring a login, or that's under development (by adding custom HTTP request headers).
Enhanced FTP support for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Exchanging data with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly Exact Target) is faster now with support for FTP. You can push lists for triggered emails, configure segmentation, or send profile properties to Salesforce Marketing Cloud as custom variables. Take advantage of the increased speed and throughput of FTP for importing or exporting data about your users between BlueConic and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
New BlueConic-to-BlueConic Connection
BlueConic now enables first-party data sharing between BlueConic tenants through our BlueConic-to-BlueConic connection, enabling a more complete view of the customer. The first-party data that's shared is essentially second-party data. Brands that leverage this second-party data directly from the source maintain the transparency and integrity of the data, and are able to act on it.
There are two main uses cases for sharing first-party data:
- The first is if you’re a company with multiple brands and want to share data across these brands.
- The second is if you want to share your first-party data with partners (e.g. retailers, advertisers, co-selling partnerships, etc.) or ingest data from these partners.
To illustrate this connection, a retailer and brand can share their first-party data to enable better personalization on the retailer's site given browsing history on the brand’s site.
A multi-brand company can create a multi-brand audience dataset across BlueConic tenants--while keeping separate dialogues, segments, connections, and user management for each brand. Sharing that data enables them to understand customer purchase behavior or preferences across their brands, for example.
One BlueConic tenant selects data to share:
Another BlueConic tenant selects data to import:
Learn more about sharing data from one BlueConic tenant to another.
Validating data quality in connections
Last month, we added new profile property data types for email, decimals, date time, and currency, with data validation features. With data validation, the connections now report back when imported data includes invalid property values. After running a connection, you can check the run history and log to identify any invalid properties.
More updates to connections
We added many upgrades to our connections this month:
- Enhancements to the Google Universal Analytics connection include support for selecting segments for export, advanced options for selecting content to push to Google Universal Analytics, and updates to the connection's user interface.
- You can now specify whether to use a point . or a comma , as a decimal separator for data imported or exported via the Amazon Web Services (S3) and SFTP connections.
- Improved import and export runtime speed for the IBM Marketing Cloud (Silverpop) connection.
- Added support for regular Google Ads accounts, in addition to the manager accounts already supported in the Google Ads Customer Match connection.
All the little things
- You can now create profile properties on-the-fly for all listeners, making it faster and more convenient to create new profile properties with listeners. The newly created profile properties will automatically be created as the data type "text", except where the listener knows which type to create (for example, in timespan or time-based listeners).
- Updates to all connections include quality and performance improvements, and updates to the task measurement feature.
- Added text export options (for example, text, profile property, permission level, etc.) to connections with UI 2.0 for mapping export fields.
Sneak peek at features to come
New insights on profile origins: To help you trace the beginnings of customer touch points, we're adding ways to track profile origin (for example, mobile vs. desktop, web, connections, etc.). You'll gain visibility into where your customers' profiles originate. You'll be able to create segments based on profile origins to increase engagement. Stay tuned...
- New Shopify connection: We are building a new Shopify connection to help you link Shopify customer data to BlueConic profiles.
- Add multiple mappings for connections: You'll be able to create bulk mappings in the Amazon (S3) and SFTP connections for CSV fields. The connection will detect and add multiple profile properties.
- Export options for the Mixpanel connection: Coming soon is the ability to add export goals to the Mixpanel connection.