New Data Quality Enhancements
Better data quality in BlueConic translates to higher quality across all your systems. BlueConic already offers the data types Text, Date, and Number. To help ensure the accuracy of customer data captured in your profiles, we’ve added three new data types when creating a new profile property:
- Currency (you can select from over 150 currencies)
- Email addresses
For your existing ‘Date’ and ‘Number’ profile properties, validation is automatically switched on if at least 99% of the current values are valid. If the number of valid values is below the 99%, then you can manually enable validation for that profile property if desired.
Additionally, you can opt to convert existing text types to the new email address type. Our wizard will help you automatically detect if 80% or more of a text type are valid email addresses.
You can read all about the new data types and the validation on our Support portal.
With our update to types, we've updated the bar chart in Segments so you can see more granular values of the selected profile property.
Recommendation Engine: Algorithm Sets & Fallback Items
Last month, we released date filtering for our Recommendation Engine and we’re back with two new features! Now, within a Dialogue, you can:
- Configure algorithms for each item within a recommendation set, rather than applying only one algorithm to all items in the set.
- Set a fallback algorithm (like ‘latest items’ or ‘top viewed items’) so if there aren’t enough results to fill a set, the Dialogue won’t be left blank.
BlueConic’s Firehose Connections enable you to send profile data to Amazon WebServices, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure in near real time. With our latest upgrades to these connections, you can now:
- Send Dialogue views, clicks, and conversions, too!
- Send events (from the Dialogues tab ‘When’) to a Firehose
- More configuration flexibility enables you to choose to send the entire profile, or only selected profile properties
- Stream UTM parameters of landing pages
- View all Dialogues that a customer saw before completing a specific conversion goal
Marketers often use web services such as Amazon WebServices, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure to capture all of their marketing touchpoint data, including views, clicks, and conversions. Having all of this touchpoint data in one place allows them to conduct multi-touch attribution analyses that measure the effectiveness of their cross-channel marketing campaigns. With this Firehose Connection update, you can now send touchpoint data captured in BlueConic to these services, so you can account for this data in your multi-touch attribution model, ensuring a more comprehensive and accurate analysis.
Contact support experts for more information on this!
Even More Connections Updates
Another month, another upgrade for our Connections!
- We introduced domain group support for sFTP Connections.
- We dramatically improved the performance of the WhatCounts & Omeda connections making them run faster.
- We added a new connection with enhanced FTP to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, making it much faster, especially for big databases.
- We introduced a Lotame DMP This enables you to export segments from BlueConic into Lotame and can help you improve the effectiveness of your programmatic targeting tactics, such as lookalike targeting. Setting up a connection to Lotame will require an AWS S3 bucket.
All the Little Things
- We polished up our new dynamic segmentation capability! You now have the option to build a new BlueConic segment directly off an existing one; and the option to filter on variant names is back.
- We automatically add a local version of jQuery when we do not detect one on a webpage, so customers can always assume jQuery is available.
A Sneak Peek of Features to Come
As always, we are already hard at work building the next big features for BlueConic:
- A BlueConic to BlueConic connection that you can use for 2nd party data exchange or for exchanging data between two BlueConic tenants within multi-brand organizations or partner organizations.
- Recognition Ratio Insights that help you measure your customer recognition ratio.
- Upgrade Google Universal Analytics Connection to the new Connection UI.