The cohort analysis insight visualizes data collected by a timespan listener. It shows the distribution of visitors grouped by their starting moment over time.
Cohort analysis visualizations typically help in comparing campaign responses across different segments:
Adding a word cloud insight
This is how you add a word cloud insight:
- Navigate to the More > Insights menu.
- Click the dashboard you want to add the insight to, or click Add dashboard to add a new dashboard.
- Click Add insight.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter "word" in the Search bar. Click Word cloud. A new word cloud insight will be added at the bottom of the dashboard.
- Close the pop-up window.
- Optional: Move the insight to the right spot on the dashboard by either dragging it or using the cursor keys to move it around.
Configuring the word cloud insight
Configure the insight as follows:
- Click Configure this insight, or hover over the insight and click the cogwheel icon on the top right of the insight.
- Search and enter the segment that visitor profiles need to be a part of to be considered for this insight.
- Search and enter the profile property that will contain the values to display
- Enter the maximum amount of words that should be displayed. The insight will try to cram as many words as possible in the cloud, but will not allow overlap between words. This means that the number of words in the cloud can easily be less than the number you entered.
- Select whether linear scaling or exponential scaling should be used to display words:
- Linear scaling sizes words evenly across the board; if one occurs 100 times and another occurs 200 times, the first word would be half the size of the second word.
- Exponential scaling barely scales smaller value words, but blows up scaling among the top few words. This makes it easier to see size differences between the top few, while evening out the rest.
The Word cloud insight is a standard plugin.