What: Triggering events by date allows you to deliver dialogues to visitors based on the calendar date stored in a profile property.
About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Learn more about using BlueConic to collect first-party customer data.
Why: You want to deliver messages to your visitors, but only in the week before an event. Or, you want to do a special action on a customer's birthday. Or maybe you want to warn your customer that a subscription is about to expire.
The Trigger Event by Date listener in BlueConic compares the current date for a visitor to the date in a selected profile property and throws an event when both dates are the same (and during the X days before if so configured). In comparing dates only the day and month are taken into account; the year will be ignored.
If your event is one-time only, be sure to empty the profile property to prevent the alert from occurring every year.
- Choose the BlueConic channels and URLs where the listener should be active.
- Select the (date-based) profile property that contains the date to compare to. Or, enter a new profile property name to create a new profile property of type "Date time" for this data.
- Enter the number of days before the target date the event should start to be triggered.
- Search an existing event or enter a new event name to create a new event.
- Activate the listener by setting the status to
- Click Save to store the listener.
Using the event
Now that you have set up an event to be triggered, you can use this event to trigger a dialogue:
- Open a BlueConic dialogue.
- Click the When tab.
- Click Add event and select Show on event.
- Activate the checkbox of the event that will be triggered.
You can test your event in the BlueConic Simulator by changing the simulated date. In the Context widget in the top left you set the date you want to simulate.