Note: You've landed on some older release notes from our early days. Learn about current BlueConic features and use cases in the BlueConic Knowledge Base.
Most recent BlueConic product updates
For current release notes, visit the BlueConic Release Notes page.
New This Month: Complex Segmentation Management
You’re using segmentation more and more in BlueConic, and you’re starting to create very advanced segments. So, we’re upgrading segmentation in BlueConic, scheduled for release at the end of August, to make it easier for you to manage complex segmentation hierarchies.
This enhancement will enable you to:
- Create base segments with related segment extensions using ‘AND’ in the definition. That means you only have to update a base segment once, and then all its related segment extensions will update too!
- Explicitly select objectives for segmentation.
- When creating a Dialogue, you can do all of above in the Who tab, and you can also reuse existing segments anywhere in the segment definition.
Segmentation is core to a CDP, and this change will greatly improve ease of use and readability of segments in BlueConic. We can’t wait to see what segments you will create with this!
Improved Facebook Advertising Connection
We’ve upgraded of one of the most popular BlueConic Connections, the Facebook Advertising Connection, to our Connections 2.0 UI, which is much faster and easier to use. For example, in the Connections 2.0 UI, you can:
- Create multiple goals
- Use both pixel-based and API-based integrations
- Quickly add multiple mappings
- See Connection logs
As a refresher, the Facebook Advertising connection allows you to:
- Export profiles to create Custom Audiences in Facebook via a batch run
- Export profile data to Facebook in real time via the Facebook pixel to inform ad targeting
We recommend exporting data both ways to maximize ad targeting effectiveness.
If you’re not using the Facebook Advertising connection yet, watch our webinar to learn more about using this connection to build more sophisticated Facebook Custom Audiences, eliminate manual list uploads, and comply with individual consent.
But wait, there’s more! Read our “Sneak Peek of Features to Come” below to find out what else we’ve been working on for the Facebook Advertising Connection.
New Word Cloud Insight
Ever wanted to see in a visualization which dialogues are used the most, which keywords are used the most, or which objects have the highest consent rate across a specific segment? Now you can with the new Word Cloud Insight!
A Sneak Peek of Features to Come
- Based on the new Facebook Ad 2.0 connection, we are working on adding more matching so you can match based on a combination of profile properties.
- New Lotame DMP Export Connection will allow you to send data captured in BlueConic to the Lotame DMP as an additional data source from which to build segments that can be used for ad targeting.
- Recommendation improvements, including the ability to:
- Filter content based on date
- Define ‘filtersets’ that can be used as ‘default’ recommendations
- Select different recommendation algorithms per item
- More Connections updates, including Google Universal Analytics, ExactTarget, and more!