This example does not ask for explicit consent, but instead assigns implicit consent when the visitor volunteers information. Be sure to check with your legal team whether implicit consent is compliant with data policies and regulations in your specific case. Set consent for one or more objectives when a visitor submits the form using the “Forms” toolbar component. In the example of the above screenshot:
- The email address input field and sign up button are placed using the BlueConic forms toolbar component.
- The consent for the objective “Daily newsletter” should be set if the visitor clicks the “Sign up” button.
Take the following steps to set consent for an objective if a visitor submits a BlueConic form:
- Open the dialogue containing the form.
- Setup / edit the form in the dialogue.
- Click the Submit settings
- Click the Add action dropdown button and select Consent / refuse objective
- Select the objective(s) for which the consent must be set when the visitor submits the form:
This is an example of how to retrieve consent when serving international customers from US and EU.