What: The HubSpot connection allows you to enrich BlueConic profiles with data from HubSpot contacts and vice versa. This connection supports real-time import and export.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic Customer Data Platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: CRM data integrated into BlueConic is prime material for segmentation and personalization. BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that captures data at the customer level for known and anonymous users. For known users, or once a user becomes known, having this data in your CRM will arm your call center and other communication platforms with relevant details about your customers' explicit and implicit intents.
Creating a HubSpot Connection
- Click Connections in the BlueConic navigation bar.
- Click Add Connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Enter "HubSpot" in the Search bar.
- Click HubSpot Connection.
The HubSpot Connection page opens. You can expand or collapse the metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray chevron at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for the connection at the top of the page and Save your settings.
Configuring a HubSpot connection
Setting up the connection
- Click Set up in the Setup section in the left panel.
In the Authentication step, click the Connect with HubSpot button to start the authentication flow. Enter your HubSpot credentials to authorize the connection.
Data exchange: Once the connection has run, this shows the total number of unique profiles that have been imported and exported via the connection. Note: These counts show unique profiles, so if the same profile is exported multiple times, it is counted as 1.
To make the connection work, you have to add at least one import or export goal, save your settings, and switch the connection on. In the goal section, you specify how data from BlueConic should be linked and mapped to HubSpot.
Importing data from HubSpot into BlueConic
In the left-hand panel, click Add goal and choose Import goal and then follow the steps laid out in the import goal.
- Select a BlueConic segment to import HubSpot data into.
Only profiles that are part of the segment can trigger a HubSpot data import.
- Select BlueConic profile properties to trigger an import.
Only changes to the values of these profile properties will trigger a HubSpot data import.
- Link identifiers between HubSpot and BlueConic.
Only profiles with a value for at least one of the linked identifiers can trigger a HubSpot data import.
- Map the HubSpot data you want to import to the corresponding BlueConic profile properties.
Exporting data from BlueConic into HubSpot
To send BlueConic customer data to HubSpot, click Add goal in the left-hand panel, choose Export goal, and follow the steps laid out in the export goal.
- Select a BlueConic segment to export profile data from.
Only profiles that are part of the segment can trigger an export into HubSpot.
- Select BlueConic profile properties to trigger an export.
Only changes to the values of these profile properties will trigger an export into HubSpot.
- Link identifiers between BlueConic and HubSpot.
If no match is found for a BlueConic profile, a new HubSpot contact is created.
- Map the BlueConic data you want to export to the corresponding HubSpot fields.
Click Add mapping to add a new mapping rule, or click Add multiple mappings to add a number of rules for properties.
Note: The logo before the entry field is a clickable menu where you can select the type of data you want to export: the BlueConic profile identifier of the profile, the associated segments (click the text to select only a couple instead of all), a profile property, all associated lifecycles, all viewed interactions, or a text value.
Using HubSpot Connections in BlueConic Lifecycles
You can add HubSpot connection goals as touchpoints in BlueConic Lifecycles. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Exporting Lifecycle stage information to HubSpot: When a HubSpot connection goal has been added as a marketing touchpoint to a Lifecycle stage, you can use that export goal to send a list of profiles that attain a certain lifecycle stage along their customer journeys and use this information for targeted emails. You can also use lifecycle stage information to create new audiences or segments outside of BlueConic.
- Setting Lifecycle stage restrictions: By placing a Hubspot connection goal in a lifecycle stage, you restrict that connection goal to export only the profiles that are currently part of that lifecycle stage.
- Setting thresholds on marketing touchpoints: Lifecycle stages can have stage thresholds that limit campaign pressure by counting the number of times customers are affected by touchpoints. Hubspot Connection goals are excluded from the lifecycle stage threshold count, as symbolized by the blue infinity symbol in the list of lifecycle touchpoints.
Learn more about using connection goals in BlueConic Lifecycles.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.