What: The Knowledge Marketing Connection allows BlueConic customers to enrich the information in an existing Knowledge Marketing Unified Audience Database (UAD) account in real time. The connection is able to feed segment or profile information from BlueConic to Knowledge Marketing. It can also ingest information from Knowledge Marketing.
About BlueConic: The BlueConic Customer Data Platform harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem.
Why: BlueConic features a unique data collection engine that stores data at the customer level for known and anonymous users. Look-alike audiences and retargeting campaigns can be greatly improved through the use of the first-party data collected by BlueConic along with customer data from other sources.
Adding a Knowledge Marketing connection
- Click Connections in the navigation bar.
- Click Add connection.
- A pop-up window appears. Check the Show all box. Enter "Knowledge Marketing" in the Search bar. Click Knowledge Marketing Connection.
- The Knowledge Marketing connection page opens. You can expand or collapse metadata fields (favorite, labels, and description) by clicking the gray + or –.
Configuring a Knowledge Marketing connection
To exchange information between BlueConic and Knowledge Marketing, you have to provide an API key. Contact your Knowledge Marketing Platform Services Specialist for an API Access Key.
- Open the Setup tab of the BlueConic connection.
- Under Authentication, enter the Base URL. By default this is "https://uadservices.kmpsgroup.com/".
- Enter your API key. BlueConic will verify and recognize the key and show that is it defined.
- Select one or more Segments of profiles that can be enriched with data from Knowledge Marketing.
- Select one or more BlueConic Profile properties as triggers. When the value for one of these properties changes in the profile of a visitor, it will trigger an import into BlueConic.
Import data into BlueConic
- Open the Import data into BlueConic tab.
- Select the BlueConic profile property that should match the Knowledge Marketing email identifier.
- Select one or more profile properties as triggers. When the value for one of these properties changes in the profile of a visitor, it will trigger an import into BlueConic.
- Search the profile property that should match the email address of a Knowledge Marketing subscriber.
- Map the data you want to import into BlueConic.
Select a Knowledge Marketing field from the drop-down list and select the BlueConic profile property it populates by entering a search term.
Select how to import the data from the drop-down list:
- Set if empty
- Add the data field to the list of existing values
- Sum a number with the existing values (if the data field is a number)
- Check the box by Import data into BlueConic in the left panel. A green arrow appears, going from the Knowledge Marketing icon to the BlueConic icon.
- Click Save to store the configuration.
Export data into Knowledge Marketing
To create an export goal, click Add goal and Export goal.
- Enter a Knowledge Marketing PubCode to enable saving subscribers.
- Map identifiers between BlueConic and Knowledge Marketing by selecting the profile property that should match the email address of a Knowledge Marketing subscriber.
- Map the data you want to export into Knowledge Marketing.
Select a BlueConic profile property field from the drop-down list and select the BlueConic profile property it populates by entering a search term.
Click the BlueConic icon to open a drop down menu where you can switch between the type of information you want to export. Pick one of:
- BlueConic profile identifier: The unique identifier of the visitor profile
- Profile property: The value of a specific profile property
- Associated segments: All segments, or a selection of one or more specific segments that the profile is associated with (click the text to make the selection)
- Optional: Activate the checkbox to Allow BlueConic to create new contacts in Knowledge Marketing.
- Check the box by Export data into Knowledge Marketing in the left panel. A green arrow appears, going from the BlueConic icon to the Knowledge Marketing icon.
- Click Save to store the configuration.
Connections can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. A connection will only process the profiles of visitors who have consented to at least one of the objectives that the connection is linked to.