IP Range Listening allows you to add specific values to a customer profile property when the IP address of the visitor is within a specific range.
Using the IP Range listener in BlueConic
To use the listener, do the following:
- Select the profile property to hold the values. Or click in the profile property field, type a new name to create a new profile property.
- Add an IP range by clicking the button "Add IP Range":
- Enter an IPv4 address (four numbers separated by a dot) as lowest IP address.
- Enter another as highest IP address.
- Choose whether to "add" or "set" the values in the profile property. Toggle between the two by clicking the word "add" or "set".
- Define the value or values to set or add.
In the example above, a visitor from IP address 184.108.40.206 will get the value "Internal" added to profile property "Origin", since this IP address is inside the defined range. A visitor from IP address 220.127.116.11 will not get the value added, as this address is outside the defined range.
Listeners can be added to Objectives, allowing for privacy management of the information that is being picked up. The listener will only update a profile if the visitor consented to at least one of the objectives that it is linked to.