IP Range Listening allows you to add specific values to a profile property when the IP address of the visitor is within a specific range.
Using the listener
To use the listener, do the following:
- Select the profile property to hold the values.
- Add an IP range by clicking the button "Add IP Range":
- Enter an IPv4 address (four numbers separated by a dot) as lowest IP address.
- Enter another as highest IP address.
- Choose whether to "add" or "set" the values in the profile property. Toggle between the two by clicking the word "add" or "set".
- Define the value or values to set or add.
In the example above, a visitor from IP address 188.8.131.52 will get the value "Internal" added to profile property "Origin", since this IP address is inside the defined range. A visitor from IP address 184.108.40.206 will not get the value added, as this address is outside the defined range.
The IP Range Listener is a standard plugin.