About BlueConic: BlueConic is a Customer Data Platform that harnesses the data required to power the recognition of an individual at each interaction, and then synchronizes their intent across the marketing ecosystem. Learn more about the BlueConic platform.
What: The Google Analytics Connection allows you to enrich the information in an existing Google Analytics implementation. The connection can feed segment or profile information from BlueConic to Google Analytics using the technique of Custom Link Tracking.
Before you can use the Google Analytics connection, you must create a Google Analytics account and link it to BlueConic. Follow the steps in this section to prepare Google Analytics to work with BlueConic.
Note that there are many ways to display BlueConic data in Google Analytics, including Data Studio. The steps below describe how to use Google custom reports to view BlueConic data.
- A Google Analytics account
- Script provided by Google Analytics added to your website with the correct account number
- Google Analytics interaction type installed in BlueConic. The Google Analytics interaction type is available at http://plugins.blueconic.net/gainteractiontype/index.xml
- A BlueConic dialogue
Follow the steps below in the order given to prepare your BlueConic website to integrate with Google Analytics.
- Create a Google Analytics account.
- Click "Custom Reporting" in the toolbar:
- Click "New Category":
- Create a new category ("BlueConic" for example).
- Click "New Custom Report" to create a custom report.
- Select "Flat Table" for the type.
- Add the dimension "Custom Variable (Key 1)".
- Add the metric "Unique Visitors".
- Click "Save":
- Visit the page(s) on your website on which the Google Analytics interaction is active and performing the action(s) necessary to trigger the interaction.
- In Google Analytics, navigate to custom reporting and select the report you created in the steps above.
- Click the button next to the date range and select "Today" from the drop-down box:
Google Analytics can take up to a day to post website statistics in your reports. Using your browser's Developer Tools, you can see immediately requests sent by BlueConic to Google Analytics in order to confirm that you have successfully configured the BlueConic Google Analytics integration.