A LinkedIn Share Button allows you to place a "share on LinkedIn" button on a page in BlueConic. Visitors can click the button to share your content with friends on LinkedIn. When the user clicks the button on your site, a story appears in the user's friends' News Feed with a link back to your website.
Configuring a LinkedIn Share Button with BlueConic
The LinkedIn Share Button has several configuration options. Note that all these options are completely optional. If you skip these configuration options, a default LinkedIn Share Button will appear.
- By default clicking the button will recommend the current page to friends, based on its tag or, if that is not available, its URL. Sometimes you will want to recommend a different page. For example, when an overview page shows an abstract of an article, people will want to like the article, not the overview page. Enter the URL for the article to be able to like it from the overview page.
- Counter orientation
- Determines whether or not to display a counter. Enter "top" or "right" to display the counter and position it on the respective position. By default no counter is shown.
- Show zero
- Enable this option to show a zero in the counter if there are no shares. Shows a 0 digit if Counter equals "right". Shows a LinkedIn icon if Counter equals "top". When the option is disabled, a placeholder will be shown.
- Where to Insert
- Choose the placement of the LinkedIn Share button relative to the position that was picked for the dialogue. Choices are:
- Before: Insert the button before the selected position.
- After: Insert the button after the selection position.
- Replace: Replace the contents of the position by the button.