A Google Plus Button allows you to place a "Publicly recommend this page on Google Plus" button on a page. Visitors can click the button to share your content with friends on Google Plus. When the user clicks the button on your site, a story appears in the user's friends' News Feed with a link back to your website.
The following is an example of a Google Plus One Button dialogue:
The Google Plus One Button has several configuration options, as can be seen in the example screenshot below:
Note that all these options are completely optional. Skip the configuration and a default Google Plus One Button will appear with the number of likes next to it.
- URL to like
- By default clicking the button will recommend the current page to friends, based on its tag or, if that is not available, its URL. Sometimes you will want to recommend a different page. For example, when an overview page shows an abstract of an article, people will want to like the article, not the overview page. Enter the URL for the article to be able to like it from the overview page.
- Determines how to display the annotation in relation to the button. Valid values are "bubble" and "inline". The default is "bubble".
- Choose one of the sizes for the button:
- Expand to
- Determine where the bubble will appear in relation to the button. Valid options are:
- Determine the alignment of the button relative to its frame. Valid options are "left" and "right", default is "left".
- Works only in combination with Annotation "inline": set the width of the buttons and its inline annotation. Defaults to 450. See inline annotations widths for examples of how the annotation is displayed for various width settings.
- Insert type
- Choose the placement of the Google Plus One button relative to the position that was picked for the dialogue. Choices are:
- Prepend: insert the button before the selected position
- Append: insert the button after the selection position
- Replace: replace the contents of the position by the button
The Google Plus Button Action is a standard plugin.