By default, conversions are recorded only after a click is registered. This means Conversion events can only be attributed to a BlueConic Dialogue after a Click event has been attributed to that dialogue.
The exception is if you choose to allow view-through conversions (on the 'Why' tab of the Dialogue window), where a conversion is recorded after only a view has been registered.
Other points about registering conversions in BlueConic:
- Make sure you select a channel for the dialogue on the 'Where' tab. Only dialogues with a channel will be attributed events.
- See the section "Choosing a conversion moment" for tracking conversions on the 'Why' tab for notes and caveats about setting up conversion moments in the Why tab of Dialogues.
- Make sure you use correct syntax when specifying the Conversion URL for an interaction. See Specifying URLs in BlueConic for information.
- If two or more dialogues share the same Conversion URL (or have matching URL specifications) then only the interaction to which a Click event was last attributed will be attributed the Conversion event.
- For 'Content' and 'Lightbox' interactions, Click events will only be attributed if the URL of the link is a 'Shortened URL' created with the link icon in the editor.