When it comes to determining the best CDP use cases for your business, the possibilities are unlimited. When starting out on your CDP journey, it helps to see the top use cases telecommunications and financial services organizations start with. This article highlights some of the top CDP use cases for other financial services and telco organizations like yours.
What is a CDP use case?
Before continuing, make sure you are familiar with what a CDP use case is. If you’re feeling stuck or looking for inspiration, contact your BlueConic Customer Success Manager to walk through your use case ideas or questions.
Top 5 CDP use cases for Telecommunications and Financial Services
Choosing the best use cases for your organization depends on your goals and data sources. But many BlueConic customers in financial services, insurance, and telecommunications find one of these use cases to be a good starting point for their CDP goals.
- Progressive profiling – Capture attributes based on on-site behavior using form components, Interest Ranking and by being smarter in asking specific questions along the journey.
- Personalization – Personalize based on the unified profile using different tactics: Product and content recommendations, personalization across channels, hero banner personalization, etc.
- Lead generation – Serve an online message or form for newsletter signup using behavioral scores and/or better segmentation.
- Segmented emails – Use logic in Segmentation to send better targeted emails.
- Better return on ad spending and media optimization – Instead of targeting all customers, target only the visitors or customers who are interested in specific products or services with a relevant message on ad or social platforms.
Use Case #1 – More streamlined progressive profiling for onsite experiences and customer insight
What – Gathering first-party data by asking customers to provide small bits of information throughout their customer journey through surveys, use BlueConic Listeners to capture relevant forms of product level engagement in the profile which can help you to enhance your personalization efforts or use UTM and Host Referrals (which are captured out of the box) to classify a certain persona based on the click through link (i.e. referred via a partner means they are engaging with content from campaigns for specific interest). Having a UTM / Host Referral taxonomy is key.
Why – Improving your progressive profiling efforts will help you gain a deeper understanding of your customers, enabling you to create personalized marketing campaigns and enhance the overall customer experience. This data-driven approach not only boosts customer retention but also optimizes marketing costs and promotes compliance with data privacy regulations.
How – BlueConic can build customer profiles progressively in real time for all the thousands or millions of visitors, prospects, and customers who visit your website – whether anonymous or known – using Listeners, or by using Dialogues to capture data through forms. Profiles can have an infinite number of data points, which are unified and stored for each profile within your BlueConic database. Import all of your existing customer data into BlueConic through Connections to build more unified profiles for smarter segmentation. See detailed use case steps in Progressive Profiling: Build a single source of customer data truth.
- Personalization: Start using personalization tactics to improve customer targeting across channels
Use Case #2 – Increase the customer experience with Personalization tactics
What – As you build your first-party data asset, you will get a better understanding of your visitors. This is going to help you to become even smarter in your personalization efforts. BlueConic helps you to personalize at scale across channels.
Why – Improving the customer experience and ultimately their customer loyalty starts with understanding your customers and talking to them in the way they expect. Customers expect you to know them. Using personalization across channels is a great way to increase customer-centric messaging.
How – Personalization can take many forms and tactics. Often it is best to start by making sure campaign landers have the same offer presented as they reach your website by using a BlueConic dialogue (like a content replacement), abandon browse visitors receiving an advertisement for the product they most recently viewed (by sending the segment to an advertisement platform), or dynamic product recommendations (powered by BlueConic machine learning-based product recommendations).
- Cross-sell and up-sell: Start cross-selling and up-selling based on the unified profile (by identifying who owns a product and engages with your other products).
- Abandoned cart targeting: Personalized targeting onsite and offsite based on product viewing behavior. Using out-of-the-box tools from BlueConic, you can create targeted messaging to visitors within various stages of your marketing funnel.
Use Case #3 – Increase lead generation
What – Increasing customer acquisition by increasing the number and quality of sales leads with higher-quality data.
Why – Getting more leads provides additional opportunities for sales and new customers and can help drive prospects further down the sales funnel
How – Using your first-party customer data, create customer segments to target. Identify missing customer information (email, phone, etc.) and create BlueConic Listeners and Connections to collect profile data for your segment. With BlueConic Dialogues, create lead-capture forms to collect first-party customer data. For detailed use case steps, see the BlueConic CDP Use Case: Accelerate Lead Generation Campaigns.
- Content gating: Use forms to collect customer data in exchange for premium content on your site. You can even pre-fill information from existing profile properties. When a user submits the form, that content will be stored in profile properties of the customer's or user's profile.
Use Case #4 – Use segmented emails for smarter customer engagement
What – Use logic in segmentation to send better emails. Increase engagement with smarter, real-time customer segments.
Why – With better filtering and targeting, stronger customer segments perform better and increase open rates and campaign results.
How – Use real-time data to build complex customer segments. Build multi-dimensional customer segments in BlueConic using filters for interests, demographics, previous purchase, location, and behavioral properties that measure and score customer properties. For detailed steps see, Use Case Foundations: Create multi-dimensional customer segments.
- Content and product recommendations: Use BlueConic personalized content and product recommendations to engage and retain your customers and visitors, creating rich content experiences that deliver the right content at the right time. Increased engagement with readers online can lead to longer session durations, increased ad revenue, and reader loyalty.
Use Case #5 – Optimize your owned and paid media – better return on ad and media spending
What – Measure the revenue generated from advertising campaigns compared to the amount spent on those campaigns to determine its overall success
Why – Higher return on ad spend (ROAS) means maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of your media and advertising budget. The better return on ad spend you can achieve, the more profitable you are and your resources can be better allocated toward high-performing campaigns.
How – First, determine the advertising platforms you want to optimize using the data you have stored in BlueConic and create your connections. In your connections, find or create the segment based on profile data like purchase data, predictive scores, or behavioral traits. Segments update in real time and serve as the link between up-to-date profiles in BlueConic and the audiences in your advertising platform.
Once your BlueConic Connections are created, you will be able to optimize your ads using the BlueConic segments you sent to your advertising platform. For detailed steps, see BlueConic CDP Use Case Drive Revenue and Return on Ad Spending
- Target lookalike audiences: Optimize advertising spend even further by creating high value audiences in BlueConic and expanding lookalike audiences on social platforms. Case Study: Roularta creates new revenue generating product based on look-alike modeling
- Ad suppression: Serve ads only to customers most likely to quality or accept an offer
- Retarget: Retarget visitors with specific tailored offers on Ad Platforms
- Lead Forms through Social platforms: Use Lead Generation forms from Social platforms to capture lead information directly in BlueConic, create their profile if they are not yet in the database, or update their profile based on the submitted lead form.
BlueConic CDP Resources and User Stories
- What is a CDP use case?
- What are Value-Based Outcomes? And why are they important?
- CDP Use Cases in Financial Services (ebook)
- A Single Customer View for Telecommunications (ebook)
- Modernizing Insurance: Managing the Transition from Legacy Systems
- Attributing ROI to BlueConic: Telco
- Data Collection Ideas for Financial Services and Insurance
- Data Collection Ideas for Telecommunications